Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmallieChaser

Fluorescent Line/Braid

8 posts in this topic

Give me some suggestions fellas.  

Currently use spiderwire glo-vis. Doesn't really glow that well but I like it. I use to use stren fluorocarbon which I really liked but they did continued it. 

Went to to bass pro the other day and they only had 2 different versions that glowed and it was monofilament. Other than that the guy said they didn't carry anything. 

Either way, I'm getting irritated buying stuff online not knowing clearly whether it will or will not glow. So let me know what y'all use. Thanks 

Stren what i use are p line both are mono 12 to 14 for worm and jig fishing at nite 

Sufix Neon Fire braid lights up like the 4th under black light. Pretty tough stuff too. Haven't changed my line in over 2 years and still holding up well. 

2 people like this

As far as I am concerned you cannot beat Sufix brand lines whether it be their braid or the Co-polymer ProMix. Best lines I have ever used and won't fish anything else. The lines under a black light look like Florescent boat rope hanging off the end of your rod and when it enters the water it dissappears. Love the stuff..............jmho

1 person likes this

For braid, I use the glow-viz. Tim Maxfield was in watsons the other day with a new line from a company called K-9. Its green fluorescent floro and that stuff glowed in the daylight in front of a black light. Can't wait to try it out. It's also extremely supple for floro, he's using 12 on a spinning rod and for anyone who's ever tried spoiling floro on a spinning rod, you know how that goes. I'm swinging by to load some on a reel off a filler spool they gave him to try and I'll report on it and let ya know how well it holds up.