Sign in to follow this  
BassinHomer

Sit in vs Sit on

just wanted some input from you yakers on the advanatges/disadvantages of either of these styles. I'm concerned about getting wet with a sit on but I'm anxious for ya'lls input :popcorn: P.S. I've got $300.00 cash if anyone has a nice one they might wanna sell, with a paddle lol

Edited by TheBassWhisperer

Sit on. I'll let you try one... Goes for anyone here as long as it's on Douglas or close so I don't have to drive far.

what do you plug the holes with and how important is the weight rating? I'm looking into one right now that's got a weight capacity of 250#, i weight 240# and I'm afraid with my gear I might be over weight...Oh and how close are you to Cherokee Dam launch?

If you go over the weight rating the boat will still float. It will sit lower in the water and the stability and control will be crap. I let a friend use one of my sit in kayaks and he excedded the rating, he had a bad day. He said the boat felt like it was going to tip all day. He did flip the yak about 3 times that day. I would shoot for a higher weight rating.

the how-to you posted was in a sit on wasn't it? I missed an oppurtunity to buy a $500.00 ascend sit in angler kayak with paddle today for $350 by the time I found it he'd alreayd sold it <_< I weighed my gear I'd only be about 20 pounds over weight you really think it affect it like that?