brownfish03

Kayak needed for deserving young man

hey Dale put me down for $20 dont know the kid but with

you have said i have been there an done that

BP............................FISHMAN

In for $20, got the PM and writing a check right now. Pretty cool of Bucky to help out like this. Maybe Nathan will now forgive him for almost jet skiing over his fishing hole. Long, but funny, story.

I'm in SC right now... If you guys are still in need when I get back ill send some too. Probably be next week when I get back. Here with my father recovering from back surgery.

Ok guys, if my math is right we've got $170 in pledge donations. Great stuff! I know there are a couple of you that wanted to donate to this as well and what Im thinking thanks to Sam's Idea is if there is a few extra dollars donated, I will buy a waterproof tackle box for the Yak. Sam says they are worth every penny when fishing out of a Yak, b/c there is going to be water get into the boat while fishing no matter what you do. So, Just know that EVERY LAST PENNY sent will go towards this young mans gift for Christmas! Thank all of you that were able to help make this happen! This truly is a great thing and is something that hopefully will keep this young man headed down the right path in life! Thank you again! Dale

Fence Post beat me posting...lol....so now the total stands at $195.00. Like I said, EVERY PENNY DONATED will go towards this boys Christmas! If I have to buy a few lures or what nots to go with his gift, that's where the money will be spent!

• Like 1

Hey BF I have a Johnny Morris gold baitcaster and a St. Croix Triumpth rod I would be willing to pitch in for the gift. Are you going to be at the Cherokee tournament?

No man, my family is having a "holiday dinner" in Knoxville that day and I will be attending that. I work at the Church Hill Health Dept and could swing by your place or you by my office sometime. I work M-F so anyday you might be off, I could swing by and pick them up. And, THANKS....Im pretty sure his equipment is sub-par compaired to our standards and he would be tickled to have that setup!

Since you guys have the money raised, I have a couple light duty spinning set ups I'll put in with it. Both are Mitchell's. good for 6 pound line. One is on a 6 foot rod and the other on a seven. Nothing special but decent stuff.

Great job on this Dale!!!!! This young man is going to have an awesome Christmas!

Kudos to the local fishing community for stepping up and helping out with a good cause!!!!

Just dropped the check in the mail about a hour ago on it's way to you Dale. Hope you ain't moved since you got baits the last time.............. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

No Softy, I haven't moved.....and the good thing about this Yak package is a lifejacket is included!

Thats great but you know how I am about life jackets and if available Kill switches.............And glad you ain't moved......... :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Thats great but you know how I am about life jackets and if available Kill switches.............And glad you ain't moved......... :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

I think a kill switch on a yak is the last thing you would want!!!!! LOL

• Like 1

I think a kill switch on a yak is the last thing you would want!!!!! LOL

Well yea, I guess you have a point there but I am very safety conscious for sure.......... :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Maybe he needs a "spill switch" instead of a kill switch, for when you take a spill in the yak and end up in the river! Ha Ha

Maybe he needs a "spill switch" instead of a kill switch, for when you take a spill in the yak and end up in the river! Ha Ha

If river is moving he might wish he had one Sam. Yak can get away from you fast in moving water........ :scratch: I didn't have a Yak get away from me but back years ago I did have a jon boat get away from me and finally caught up with it about 2 miles down stream. From then on I sat on a boat anchor rope with anchor hanging over side and if I was thrown out of boat the anchor went in water on it's own slowing boat down and finally stopping it a lot sooner than two miles.......... :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: I guess you might call that a BUTT switch huh?????

Yea a yak can get away from you quick. I have been fortunate enough to not have any issues with this yet, but Jill rolled hers on South Holston River one time and it went down river quick (running 2 generators) . She was able to make it to shore with no trouble, but I had to go after the yak and it was tricky to get the loose yak to the bank from my yak. Jill had to walk a long way down the bank to meet me and her yak. It's always better to yak with a partner for sure!!!!

I think this is a great cause. Fishing has saved a young friend of mine and his wife. They have been clean and sober for 3-4 yrs now. I will send a money order for $ 25 out Monday morn. Get him some good line and whatever he may need. God bless each and every one of you guys! It makes me proud to be associated with such a thoughtful bunch! Thanx Dale for arranging such a great Christmas gift. Would love to see his smile.

I think this is a great cause. Fishing has saved a young friend of mine and his wife. They have been clean and sober for 3-4 yrs now. I will send a money order for $ 25 out Monday morn. Get him some good line and whatever he may need. God bless each and every one of you guys! It makes me proud to be associated with such a thoughtful bunch! Thanx Dale for arranging such a great Christmas gift. Would love to see his smile. Ill need your address.