brownfish03

Kayak needed for deserving young man

Just saw this...

Good work guys!!!

Dale, what else does he need?

Ok, with the outpouring of generosity from the members of this site, I think we have reached and surpassed out goal! I wanted to list the people whom I have received donations from so they know that I got the money for the Yak. As of today, I have donations from: Fence Post, Southern Sam and his girlfriend, Ross (IronMan) Steinbach, Bob (ham biscuit) Fishman, Shellie and JoeP, Matthew Brandon, Softy, and John Fields. Just wanted to give everybody an update on what has be received. The money along with the tackle, rods and reel people have donated should make this young man and excellent Christmas. We're sitting at a total of $175.00 (and there are still a few others that have mailed or are going to mail money that will add to that total). All extra money over the cost of the Yak will be used to buy some "extras" for the boy like line, dry lock tackle box and such. 100% of money received will go towards the boys' Christmas. Thanks again to all involved and Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Awesome work there Dale!!! It's a great thing you did here. I shared this story with my buddies and we in the works of getting some more stuff together for this young man. We are collecting lures and we will put them into a stocking to be given with the kayak (he's got to have lures to go with all these new rod and reels!!) Here is what we have gathered up so far.

PC021015.jpg

He is going to have a Merry Christmas for sure!!!

Edited by SouthernSam

That probably threw up a red flag... Should have said you guys are the crap!

Don't mind those black SUV's and Ice Cream trucks in front of your house Kenny.

Don't mind those black SUV's and Ice Cream trucks in front of your house Kenny.

Don't pay no attention to those Black Suburbans with Limo Smoked windows Kenny. They hang around my house all the time.... Bunch of wooses in them..........LOL

The "long shot" was in reference to anybody having, or knowing of a used kayak in good shape for cheap.....nothing to do with the men and women of this site stepping up, coming together and getting something done.

Phil and Wes, I got your donations in the mail today....thanks again guys! And Steelecreek, that's awesome! Thanks man! LOL...this kid is gonna end up with more fishing stuff than BPS's by the look of things! You guys are a great group of people!