Sign in to follow this  
SouthernSam

Steele Creek Kayak Bassin 3-23-13

Went to Steele Creek Park today with my buddy Kevin to see if we could find a few bass. Loaded up the kayaks and headed to Bristol around 9am and started fishing about 10am. Kevin was the first to strike and man was it a good one. He started yelling for me to get over there and when I did I could see why. He was trying to boat a 6lb 14oz fish , and he did! Great catch Kevin!! He managed to yank a few more out of his new “Honey Hole” before the day was over (had to black out honey hole in photo) He ended the day with 4 fish. I managed to boat 2 fish today with my biggest being 2lb 6oz. We fished till about 5 and then headed home. The bite was the best between 10 and 12, and then it sort of shut down. We managed our fish today on a few different texas rigged craw baits. Had trouble with fish grabbing the claws today and not getting a hook in them. It only sprinkled rain for about 10 minutes this morning as we unloaded the yaks, but it stayed cloudy all day. Good day on the water!!!

darkback_zpse37693c8.jpg

P3221399_zps2168ac04.jpg

P3231400_zps8ba63084.jpg

P3231403_zpsde2f1c40.jpg

P3231405_zps0bed638b.jpg

P3231406_zpsc26c4e21.jpg

P3231404_zps865e71d9.jpg

congrats on the hawg. there's a green fog bank like that on cherokee that used to have a ranger r91on it everytime i tried to fish it. saw a triton tr196 on it last few trips :wavesmile:

Edited by trackertxw175

Nice green fish! How did you make it back to the ramp in all that green fog??? LOL!

Thanks for the pics and report. You guys are hardcore to get out on the yaks this time of year

Edited by Wiseguy909