Sign in to follow this  
TnTriton57

acedemy sports brand crank baits

They do work well and the price you can't go wrong and if you lose one it don't feel like you lost part of your family like you do when you lose a high dollar one's.

The squarebill is pretty good If you are looking for a good price point. They have a smaller Jerk bait that is pretty good as well. Lots of their baits are knock offs but they are not going to perform like a SPRO or Megabass. 

I almost always change hooks on crankbaits. I usually go up 1 size & use a ewg short shank mustad or gammys. It increased my hook up ratio by prob 50%. Ive also learned to "lean" into the bite more instead of jerking helps alot too.

I went to Academy in Knoxville a couple of days ago they must had a give away the strike king and rapalas crankbaits were picked clean the rest of the brands plenty of stock just those two brands I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

1 hour ago, snj60 said:

I went to Academy in Knoxville a couple of days ago they must had a give away the strike king and rapalas crankbaits were picked clean the rest of the brands plenty of stock just those two brands I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

They may be making room to expand their own bait lines or a new bait line has something out they need room for............jmho 

Something is going on between the two brand of lures there was maybe 12 lures they could be changing things around everything is ordered out of Texas.

You probably missed a sale. Academy is famous for their crazy price sales. You have to keep a watch on them & check weekly. But they have some crazy good deals. I bought them out of booyah frogs one year. They had them on sale for $3. I think i got 11. Lol.