Sign in to follow this  
country

life jacket

I hate wearing my life jacket due to the fact they don't fit very good and are not comfortable, so where do I buy good life jackets that fit well and are comfortable to wear without breaking the bank?

I have not bought a new life jacket in many years. Back in the late 80's I owned a really fast boat so I went looking for the best around at that time. I finally went to a buddy of mine that drag raced boats and he told me to go to Boaters World and buy a 100 mph jacket made by AC (Americas Cup Life Jackets) I still have it and still wear it and it is very comfortable and will float a man up to 300 lbs safely. I think I paid about $150.00 for it back in 1988. Best $150.00 bucks I ever spent. I also have a pair of Suspenders that I wear now when I am fishing but take them off and strap my AC back on when big motor is running. Boat does not start until Life jacket is on and Kill switch is connected to jacket. A few guys ask me why I paid so much for a life jacket and I just say because I can't put a price on my life so I wanted the best. I hope you can find an AC if they are still in business.

I have mustang survival non inflatabes. They're very comfortable, but I think they're pretty expensive. I look at it like this: there are certain things in life that are not places to use the cheapest alternative: motorcycle helmets, tree stands, vehicle brakes & life jackets. If your life may depend on it, its probably important enough to spend some jack on. Just my 2 cents tho

I have mustang survival non inflatables. They're very comfortable, but I think they're pretty expensive. I look at it like this: there are certain things in life that are not places to use the cheapest alternative: motorcycle helmets, tree stands, vehicle brakes & life jackets. If your life may depend on it, its probably important enough to spend some jack on. Just my 2 cents tho

+1 on that my friend.

Thanks MM, I don't mind paying for something but it is hard to buy good stuff without being able to look at it and know for sure it is good quality

some of you guys knew I was thrown out of my boat while fishing at Watauga earlier this yr and with water temps around 53 it is a big shock and very hard to get back in the boat with rain jacket and bibs on, I am seriously thinking about wearing one in winter, with cold water and heavy wind it can be nearly impossible to get back in your boat!!!