Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

Moonlite's

Just wanna say thanks to everyone that recommended moonlite's, and a big thumbs up on an awesome product. Not to preach to the choir, but these things are awesome. I couldn't believe how small they were, no bigger than a cellphone, but 2 of em will light up a bank like the 4th of July. Insane how bright these things are. Best money I've spent on my boat. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2015 at 10:59 PM, SteveHTN said:

Just wanna say thanks to everyone that recommended moonlite's, and a big thumbs up on an awesome product. Not to preach to the choir, but these things are awesome. I couldn't believe how small they were, no bigger than a cellphone, but 2 of em will light up a bank like the 4th of July. Insane how bright these things are. Best money I've spent on my boat. 

Is this what you're talking about? http://www.moonliteusa.com/

I know it's an old thread...but I'm researching & learning from the site.

5 hours ago, Marine said:

Is this what you're talking about? http://www.moonliteusa.com/

I know it's an old thread...but I'm researching & learning from the site.

Those are what Steve was talking about. They are great black/green lights.

16 hours ago, Buckeye83 said:

Those are what Steve was talking about. They are great black/green lights.

Will the black lights show you the bank or do you have to use them in conjunction with a white light as well? Seems I remember hearing something about a "Moon Glow" light from my uncle back when I was a kid... about 25 to 30 years ago.

2 hours ago, Marine said:

Will the black lights show you the bank or do you have to use them in conjunction with a white light as well? 

Black Lights will not show the bank, however the green lights will help with showing the bank/trees, etc. Black Lights are made to be used with fluorescent line- either monofilament, fluorocarbon or braid. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BulletDeuce said:

Black Lights will not show the bank, however the green lights will help with showing the bank/trees, etc. Black Lights are made to be used with fluorescent line- either monofilament, fluorocarbon or braid. 

thanks for the reply. I knew about the black lights showing mono (didn't know it would show fluoro though) & wasn't powerful enough to show the banks, however, that was years ago & I wasn't sure if there was some kind of new black light tech or black light/white light combo.

I never heard about using green lights. Is white light, Moon Glow type lights not utilized by the majority of folks nowadays? I know next to nothing in regards to using lights at night for bass fishing other than that black lights show clear-blue mono lines and other lines specifically made with whatever makes them show up under a black light.

Edited by Marine

On 6/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, bronzebackhuntr said:

There is braid and floro both that are specifically designed to glow. 

Wow... aren't I quite behind the times... lol

Moonlites have a green LED that’s separate from the UV LED’s. It’ll light up a bank like the 4th, without giving a ton of glare like white would. They’re still the best lights on the market IMO. 

• Thanks 1