Revslow

Recreational Anglers Support HR 3094

This week in Washington DC, a Congressional hearing will begin to determine the future of red snapper fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. The House Natural Resources Committee Subcommittee on Water, Power and Oceans will debate HR. 3094 - the Gulf States Red Snapper Management Authority Act. This legislation, sponsored by Garret Graves (R-La.), would shift management of red snapper from the federal government and allow the states to manage the entire fishery.

The management agency for every Gulf state has come to the same conclusion as recreational anglers - federal management of red snapper is a failure. Recreational anglers - the people who go fishing on weekends and holidays with their kids and families - have no voice in federal fisheries management. The recreational community is united in its conviction that the states will bring balance back into the red snapper fishery to do what is necessary to manage it both for the benefit of everyone - commercial, for-hire and recreational anglers - and for the health of the resource.

Read More http://www.sportfishingmag.com/recreational-anglers-support-hr-3094

Edited by Revslow
Wrong Post

How is this relevant to bass fishing in TN?

It's not. Like most everything else posted, it has nothing to do with anything, that has anything remotely to do with anything we give half .02 about. It's kinda like the advertisements that pop up at the top, only they at least contribute to the site and are otherwise outta the way. 

It's not. Like most everything else posted, it has nothing to do with anything, that has anything remotely to do with anything we give half .02 about. It's kinda like the advertisements that pop up at the top, only they at least contribute to the site and are otherwise outta the way. 

So It's like, if you can't make all happy leave. Is that correct sir? Forgive me if I'm wrong but it's starting to feel like a kid on the playground

No one is making you read what I post so if you hate it so much, why do you keep reading it?

We have some guys who fish the gulf for snapper on here.

Why do you guys give him such a hard time? Like he said, if you're not interested skip his post. I've seen so many members of the past get run off on here. There's a reason we have over 3000 members and less than 10 percent who are really active. The owners are trying to grow the site it appears and dogging him like some have done isn't helping them. You might not like Rev but at least respect the owners enough to keep it civil. 

How is this relevant to bass fishing in TN?

TWRA is going to stock them in Beech Creek with a PLR of 13-17 inches only one per day over 17"

To me fishing is fishing. Tennessee isn't the only place that have waters that allow us anglers to have a good time and bass isn't the only fish. Just saying