holstonangler

Reel Repair and Maintenance

Look up DominionTackle on this site. His business link is in his signature. Great guy, quick turnaround time & excellent work on your reels.

Look up DominionTackle on this site. His business link is in his signature. Great guy, quick turnaround time & excellent work on your reels.

+1 Dominion Tackle is the best

I'll be your huckleberry... whatcha got? Go to my website, click on Service Request and you can get a form to send with the reel (s) and will you all the information you need. Don't forget to give me both your e-mail & phone and let me know if you want the package insured when I send it back. This is my busy time of year, so don't expect them back next week. Any other questions, call or e-mail me.... Thanks

Just about anything, including saltwater reels. If you have something old with something broken, there is the possibility there are no parts available. If that is the case, e-mail me with the make and complete model along with the issue and I can tell you better the odds. Thanks,

I have Abu Garcia 4601c3 with a broken fast cast thumb button. Seems like when I looked at schematics online I need a whole new frame to fix the problem and it was 40$ or so

Quickly, I see 4 different 4601C3 (they will have different foot numbers) and yes, on all, the thumb bar is pressed into the frame and is non-serviceable. With shipping and assuming my price list is correct, it looks like anywhere from $40 to $55, depending on the particular version.

image_zps6iavr3o8.jpeg

image_zpsotxt87ao.jpeg

I only gave $35 for this reel used back in the day but I will gladly pay what you quoted to fix it. They have become much more popular (and expensive)

Edited by rusty50576

Just to be clear, the prices above were for the new frame alone. My service charge to tear it down and clean & lube it is $20 plus shipping. Nothing additional to swap out the frame if done at the same time. Send me the number stamped on the reel foot  and I can find for sure if it is available and a closer cost figure.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f8sg3I41E_k/TMVspgxVbtI/AAAAAAAAAiw/w9yQw5ETDjU/s1600/PA252279.JPG

+1 on Funky's work.  The short answer is he can do any make or model.

Good to see you on here, Funkster!  Hope all is well.