Sign in to follow this  
423fishin

New to me boat

Well I finally was able to finish the boat I've been redoing since last October it's nothing special it's a 1988 alumacraft bandit 17.5ft with a evinrude 70 took it out Saturday and ran it around had a slight hesitation in top end but replaced the plugs and put all new fuel line and primer bulb on it Sunday, hopin to get it out again this weekend and see what it does fastest I could get it was 32 mph sadly if everything looks good I'm hopin to fish the classic out of it

kb64pc.jpg

Edited by 423fishin
  • Like 2

You did a good job, nice looking rig. I hope it treats you well and you catch a lot of fish out of it.

Edited by Whopper
Picture was fixed

Not really in your neck of the woods but Chris at Louisville marine can figure out the best prop for literally any boat, he grew up doing it in Florida where boats are all shapes and sizes. He might could do it over the phone. 

Well I finally was able to finish the boat I've been redoing since last October it's nothing special it's a 1988 alumacraft bandit 17.5ft with a evinrude 70 took it out Saturday and ran it around had a slight hesitation in top end but replaced the plugs and put all new fuel line and primer bulb on it Sunday, hopin to get it out again this weekend and see what it does fastest I could get it was 32 mph sadly if everything looks good I'm hopin to fish the classic out of it

kb64pc.jpg

Good looking boat for sure. I hope you don't mind my adding another picture of it. I love all the deck space it has. That is about the max speed your going to get out of a 70hp Rude in a 17.5 boat but it is not how fast you get to your fishing location. It is what you do after you arrive that counts. I have caught a lot more fish out of slow boats that I have fast boats mainly because I would spend to much time running and less time fishing. I use to own a 1971 18 foot Astroglas with a 115 inline 6 Mercury on it and I got passed about every time I fished a tournament but I won more money out of that old boat than any boat I have owned since. I went on one streak of Saturday morning tournaments that I won 7 events in a row and had big fish in 6 of them and that was against all those fast boats with all the high end electronics on them. I didn't get big fish in all seven because I weighed in a 7.19 and got beat out by a 7.34 but it was the only fish they had so I had a limit and won total weight. Like I said, it's not how fast you get someplace but what you do when you walk up on that front deck that counts. Once again, Nice boat...................:cheers:

You Know I'v never caught a fish running 30MPH, best fishing boat we ever used was a 1970ish Thunder Craft with a 7 HP you could walk faster but you would also Fish instead of riding around looking,Just A Thought

aw3wrd.jpg

heres another one soft bait before the motor you can see how much deck room it has

Yep, plenty of deck space which is what I think is very important for a bass boat............jmho

Yep, plenty of deck space which is what I think is very important for a bass boat............jmho

+1. Awesome use of space on that boat. 

Looks good Rusty. That 70hp is a tank of a motor too. It's nice to have your own. You can go fishing any time you get the urge.

• Like 1