Sign in to follow this  
bronzebackhuntr

Good read

Agree with what he says about deliberate actions like that, however, when I'm fishing a rodeo or small potatoes tx and a "pro" who is also a guide pulls up in front of me and proceeds to fish with his clients...............

I can understand what he means. This is the one sport that the outcome can really be changed by the so called "audience".

I really agree with his point if its an ego thing try finding your own fish and then catching a weight winning limit.

What these guys do is truly amazing and with every sport they deserve respect. Once again it is their paycheck.

Liked the read. appreciate you sharing it.

like you said Ross, it can go both ways. I agree with the point he's making but I think it's chicken**** to do it to ANYONE, regardless who they are. I've the feeling it's only going to get worse though. Like in every single other aspect of life, courtesy and common sense seem to continue fading away. 

• Like 1

........... Like in every single other aspect of life, courtesy and common sense seem to continue fading away. 

Amen brother!

• Like 1

Agree with what he says about deliberate actions like that, however, when I'm fishing a rodeo or small potatoes tx and a "pro" who is also a guide pulls up in front of me and proceeds to fish with his clients...............

Oh, I agree Ross. It goes both ways. And I've heard about pros being complete d!€k$ on the water in practice, at the boat ramp, and I have seen what you're talking about with guides too. One of the main reasons that I don't root for David Walker, I've heard some stories on him being a complete jack wagon. 

I do have to add one thing to all this, you can tell Ike isn't from my neck of the woods......you play rap music in front of a barber shop where I'm from, you wouldn't be on that sidewalk long before the hot lead started flying. Just saying :D

I do have to add one thing to all this, you can tell Ike isn't from my neck of the woods......you play rap music in front of a barber shop where I'm from, you wouldn't be on that sidewalk long before the hot lead started flying. Just saying :D

I will say, he's the nicest guy (professionally) I've ever met in Bass fishing. He passed me on 81 a couple years ago and got off exit 7, I followed him to the Marriott and pulled in. He stood in the parking lot and talked to me and my kids for close to an hour and had absolutely no reason to at all. He signed a bunch of stuff and gave all my kids a little something. He throws some fits on the water, but he's a great guy, he's a heck of an ambassador for the sport.

• Like 1