Sign in to follow this  
Marine

Bringing the Shine Back

Have any of you fine folks ever had to bring back the shine on your boat? Basically have you had to shine up a boat that has had that faded look & if so what did you find was the best product in terms of wax & polish? Thanks in advance for all the info!

I have a saying about appearence of vehicles. I used this saying relating to my fast cars I had when I was younger. I had a lot of kids ask me why I didn't have chrome Valve Covers and all those other pretty chome gagets on my car. I probably had some of the fastest street cars around back when I was a kid and seldom lost a drag race. That saying was.....Chrome don't get ya home. I didn't care so much about appearence as I did about performance and dependablility. Yea, I had nice interior in my cars but the outside was nothing special. I feel the same way about my Bass Boats. Yea, when they are new you kinda take the time to wipe them down when you come off the water and yea, you might put some wax on them as I did when my Skeeter was new. It is now 18 years old and still looks good for an 18 year old boat but the top deck is faded in the gray areas and is getting ready to need new carpet but it does not hurt how she runs and that everything that needs to work works when I flip the switch. It starts everytime I turn the key and has never left me stranded on the lake. You have mentioned a lot of mechanical issues your facing bringing the boat out of moth balls. I myself would focus on what things need to be done to make your Winner boat mechanically sound and ready to go fishing. Shinny won't get you fishing. Once you get it on the water and ready to fish, then you begin to worry about appearence..............This is all JMHO

Edited by softbaitmaker
  • Like 1

I agree with Doug on the mechanical being more important than anything. That said, my Astro was looking dull so last year I took the time to bring it back to full luster. Depending on how bad yours is, it's not too hard to do, just time consuming to do it right. 

• Like 1

Take a look at the pro tec web site . They have some great products and a how to video that will get you going in the right direction . If you join bass boat central I think they may even have a discount code for 10% off . I ordered a kit from them and was very happy with it . He will even give you his number if you have any questions .

• Like 1