Sign in to follow this  
Peck

Rub Rail Leds

LOL, you have a Christmas tree too.................:lol:.....................Just picking on you buddy. Looks good and you will appreciate that lighting when it comes to being in the dark and needing to move around on the deck. Son in law is now looking at going to the big time and looking at a new lighting system like this one but has a remote so he can turn on and off without going to the console. I have no clue what it will cost but I bet it ain't cheap.................:huh:

4 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

LOL, you have a Christmas tree too.................:lol:.....................Just picking on you buddy. Looks good and you will appreciate that lighting when it comes to being in the dark and needing to move around on the deck. Son in law is now looking at going to the big time and looking at a new lighting system like this one but has a remote so he can turn on and off without going to the console. I have no clue what it will cost but I bet it ain't cheap.................:huh:

I added a few switches so I can control inside, uvs per side and the greens per side. The nav lights are tied directly to the front pole light right now but I think I'll add a switch up front for those too. The rest are all at the console. I'd lose a remote or donate it to the bottom of the lake lol. I can't wait to get out on the water and see how they look.

looking at installing some interior deck lighting for this summer.... I came across this. It is fairly expensive with the cheapest version of it around $750 but man... it sure does look good and professional for UV lighting

also I was looking at the bow nav rubrail lighting system that some of you have posted and I see a lot. After reading some horror stories online, I would advise you guys canning those lights. They are not coast guard approved, the local wardens and law enforcement may not say anything about it because they are bright and you will be spotted by other boaters, however they do not meet the coast guard requirement on the angle of the light being exactly 112.5 degrees. Basically.... even though the wardens do not have an issue with them, if you are involved in an accident rather it is or is not your fault, you are going to be found liable due to improper light modification.  CYOA here.

http://www.professionalmariner.com/February-2016/Coast-Guard-warns-vessel-operators-to-use-proper-navigation-lights/

Edited by Karma