Sign in to follow this  
Jbrown

Best local tournament to fish

Welcome to TNBF. We have a really good tx trail here, ran very well. Great group of guys. Come join us at some tourneys this year. 

White pine, Morristown Marine, TNBassFisihing, tnteam trail.....all are very good trails. With the exception of our little tourneys, the other 3 have above $100 entry fee, but pay out pretty good chunks. Our tourneys are much smaller, 20-25 boat average, and are $40 entry fee. It's geared more toward the working guys; it's affordable & most of your competition doesn't get to fish 4-5 days per week. It's all about what kind of trail your looking for. Personally, I've fished them all 4, and still fish one of the bigger trails plus our web site events. It's a good mix.

I thoroughly enjoyed the TNBF events while living in TN.  You'll get to fish with and against some pretty darned good sticks.  You'll also learn a lot from them.

I also fished the BAIT team trail.  Dunno if it's still going but Ott Defoe's folks ran the east TN division.  It was another well run series of events if you like or want to try the team format.

TNBF trail... the reason I didn't comment on it is he said local and he's in Mascot. I'm sure some of you guys consider it local but I hate driving and Boone and Wataga are just a little far for me. If it was on Douglas and Cherokee only then I would fish  it more.

As far as having fun and a good group of guys, the TNBF.com tourneys are great.

I think what has been said above is spot on. I think the trail depends on skill level so it may be a great format but not best for everyone. I have fished a few that were listed above and the site trail is really good. Hawkins county bass club also has a very solid trail  and one of the best new member on boarding in the area. They also have a big fish pot format that is really cool.