Sign in to follow this  
TnTriton57

New Project

What's up guys! Sorry I've been MIA.  I have been working on a little project, and with your help it could grow bigger.  I started into YouTube, and I need some suggestions.  What kind of videos do you guys find interesting? (That is, if you watch YouTube) Tips? Review's? Straight up fishing and catching? How to's, ect. Here is the link to my channel. Go check it out if you want!

• Like 1

Generally speaking...

A lot of the more notorious youtubers videos have became almost unwatchable. They all finally got sponsors whose products they are pushing becoming complete sell outs, or they do those stupid v-log videos of them walking around the house talking.

I think the videos that get the most attention, are the actual fishing videos. People want to see you catching fish and describing the techniques you are using. Bass fishing is generally the same all over the country with a few slight tweaks here and there and as we all know those slight tweaks are the difference between catching 2-3 fish or 8-9 fish on the lake. It is all in the details. I think a guy showing fishing techniques in Tennessee would be great. The guys up north have their videos and the guys down in the deep south have theirs... the middle of the country needs someone.

Edited by Karma
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more!!!  I hate doing "VLOGS" but it seems to be the most viewed content!  I am going to focus on more fishing and explaining what I'm doing, than vlogging.  Some product reviews. 

I agree. More than anything else I wanna see actual fishing. IMO there are plenty of written reviews or like tackle warehouse will have a brief video on products. I don't particularly care to watch reviews. I wanna see fish caught. LOL 

• Like 1

There are only a few guys I really like on there anymore.

TackleJunky81... he mostly does product reviews, unboxing etc. His wife is a Marine biology student and she explains some of the things taking place in the lakes eco system. Jim is a good dude I have had several conversations with him. Let's you have his honest opinion.

BamaBass... does a lot of fishing videos but as I said he is farther south than us, so his techniques are slightly different.

Flukemaster... his old videos are great, but he has become more of a sellout. Although he said he plans on moving back to the older style. Again hes in Georgia so ....

• Like 1

Yeah I watch all 3 of them my self.  Bama bass sounds just like Jesse Wiggins who dominated on Cherokee this past weekend!  

Gene imo isn't a sell out, he got sponsored to keep his channel going full time.  He still gives good info on products even if they are a sponsored item.  He's move closer to the TN/GA line and has been fishing Chick a lot.  We talk and are suppose to get together sometime this year if our schedules work out.  But I agree he's moved away from his older style of videos.  But hopefully he'll go back to that like he said.  

Jon B is another I watch and AP Bassin.  Don't really care for LunkersTV.  

But my favorite guy to watch is Lake Fork Guy.  Justin puts out some good videos!

I found your channel looking for Melton Hill info... didn't have a clue it was someone on here. That was a couple weeks back. 

I watch some AP and some Jon B... some Scott Martin. Don't like Lunkers. I watch some of Genes stuff. 

I really dislike the new kid in this area... Alex Rudd? Found his channel looking for the same thing. Makes me want to vomit... and I watched a bunch of his videos since he is local trying to change my opinion of him. I guess it could be the age difference but who knows... I will leave it at that.

• Like 1

I liked Genes older style as well. Like KBF. I watch Tacklejunkie for his straight up thoughts. And LFG is just entertaining.

stopped watching Lunkers a long time ago and AP is just a dingbat.

i do like the LTB vids with Travis 

tacticalbassin and informative fisherman are also decent views

Soooo.  What most of you are saying.  You want to see some fishing and explaining what is and isn't working on that particular day on that particular body of the water?  

Edited by TnTriton57

Yeah I like the fishing videos more than anything and people explaining what's going on at the lake. My fishing videos do better than any other. I had a fishing video with TNBassin and it done tremendously well so have my last few fishing videos. The tips,unboxings,vlogs don't do so well most of the time but they help stay active since I'm only able to be on the water 1-2 days a week

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TnTriton57 said:

Soooo.  What most of you are saying.  You want to see some fishing and explaining what is and isn't working on that particular day on that particular body of the water?  

Be my bet Eric. 

• Like 1

We all understand the importance of sponsors for things like YouTubes.  If you can find the balance between plugging the product and teaching something you'll have done what few others have.  Let's be clear here - it doesn't matter how many "really, reallys" you put in a sentence describing your sponsor's baits.  If you don't tell us a lil something about how it worked and what didn't you'll lose your audience.

I have nothing but respect for people like you who do stuff like this w/ a view to helping us weekend warriors.  From the heart, dood. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TnTriton57 said:

Oh and one guy to watch is MikeyBallz.  That dude straight up catches some toads on the big O in FL!!!

Last time I caught a toad it was actually a toad :smash:

• Like 1

10-4!!  

Btw I don't "officially" have any sponsors for my channel.  I do however give plugs to people I support! I'm going to try and focus my channel around the small tackle shops and tackle makers in the area. Dixie custom rods I support tremendously. Mainly cause that's the rods I use, and his customer service is top notch. All the rods I have and use I've bought.  It would be awesome to have sponsors and get free stuff or heavily discounted so I can spend my money on cameras and wireless mics for better videoing. But I'm not going to go knocking on doors and ask. Plus, I'm not going push a product that I don't believe in!  I'll never say something is good or awesome when it's really junk!  

My main goal right now is to gain an  audience that will watch the videos I put out and actually like them..  That's why I want all you guys input!  I think together with your help, my channel can grow tremendously and show the rest of the country what awesome fishery we have here in East TN! 

16 hours ago, TnTriton57 said:

Yeah I watch all 3 of them my self.  Bama bass sounds just like Jesse Wiggins who dominated on Cherokee this past weekend!  

Gene imo isn't a sell out, he got sponsored to keep his channel going full time.  He still gives good info on products even if they are a sponsored item.  He's move closer to the TN/GA line and has been fishing Chick a lot.  We talk and are suppose to get together sometime this year if our schedules work out.  But I agree he's moved away from his older style of videos.  But hopefully he'll go back to that like he said.  

Jon B is another I watch and AP Bassin.  Don't really care for LunkersTV.  

But my favorite guy to watch is Lake Fork Guy.  Justin puts out some good videos!

I do like Gene, don't get me wrong. Great personality, videos are well done. I just hate his constant plugs for his t-shirt of the month club etc. that annoys the heck out of me probably more than it should. I will give him credit, the video he posted last night, he actually mentioned using a rage craw other than a vile craw by his sponsor biospawn. Also.... I use 13 Fishing gear so I can't say much there.

Jon B... eh.. his videos are hit and miss, I skip through a lot of them. I don't care about his time at home, although his unboxing videos are hilarious.

Lake Fork Guy is pretty god unless he is riding around with that LunkersTV dude.

• Like 1

I only got to watch your promo and the only thing I can add is wear your PFD . I have 2 small children and want them to see me put mine on when the big motor is on and be safe on the water . Dont get me wrong , when I was younger mine had mold growing on them and never seen the lite of day but if you can get one person to at least think about putting it on the next time they are on a boat you have done a great job .

• Like 2

You get better at that electronic crap everyday man! Just need more videos of me stinking up your boat with pesky white bass 

• Like 1

I watched your LTB unboxing earlier...

I felt so screwed. You got a much better box than I did. I got a dang storm hardbait and they sai that they sent me the rage tail lizards but I got the rage tail lobster....  smh.

2 hours ago, TnTriton57 said:

Ha that sucks!  Call and complain to them. I've heard of them fixing problems like that before. 

won't do them any good lol I have already posted a video of it.

I notice that is one thing they tend to do a lot more than MTB does, screw up their bait cards/content.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 1:30 PM, SteveHTN said:

I wanna see a Cherokee video Eric. Preferably with shots of your gps.....

Hahahaha!!!! I hear ya!  I might make a trip up there soon and see what's up.