Sign in to follow this  
Stratos260

Changing things up this year

Hello everyone.  I've not been on here in a while but since I've last been in touch with most of you I've bought a kayak and sold my bass boat.  I bought a barely used Native Slayer Propel 13 last fall and it's going to be my only fishing rig this year.  I fished out of it 3 or 4 times in the fall and I've been very happy with it.  I spend most of my time fishing small lakes up here in KY that are idle speed only and I felt like I was doing a lot of harm to my old two stroke idling it all the time so I decided I was going to sell the bass boat and get me a top of the line kayak that I could be comfortable in and cover water a little faster than a conventional kayak.  I have tricked it out pretty good.  I kept my Humminbird 899 off of my bass boat and I have it installed on the kayak now.  If any of you kayak guys out there want to go sometime give me a holler.  I would love to get together with some other kayak fishermen and get some tips. 

14606477_629632110541411_666962148887836

14563355_628879773949978_560388612405953

If I was 30 years younger I would have a blast fishing out of that for sure. Hope you enjoy it a lot......................:cheers:

Awesome looking yak dude. I plan on getting mine out this year some for fishing and maybe get back into playing in the white stuff on hot summer days 

32 minutes ago, trackertxw175 said:

Looks like a good setup John. My self propelled days are over lol

Ross I have been a mechanic for 21 years and I got promoted to shop foreman back around Thanksgiving.  I went from constantly moving and lifting to sitting at a computer most of the time.  I need something to get me moving cause if I don't I'm going to get as big around as a barrel lol

I have been thinking about selling my bass boat as well and getting a kayak. Mainly So I can save some money and buy a house toward the end of the year. I spend a lot every month on my boat between the payment, Oil, and Gas. I just have a feeling i'll regret it lol. 

23 hours ago, TnTriton57 said:

I have been thinking about selling my bass boat as well and getting a kayak. Mainly So I can save some money and buy a house toward the end of the year. I spend a lot every month on my boat between the payment, Oil, and Gas. I just have a feeling i'll regret it lol. 

Yeah I've not got to fish out of the kayak enough to really know if I'm going to miss the boat or not.  It seemed to be the right choice for me because of the small lakes I fish all the time.  I'm sure there will be times that I wish I still had my boat but the few times I've fished out of the kayak I've really liked it so far.

• Like 1