Sign in to follow this  
Flatt-Land Tackle Jigs and Crankbaits

Hey guys,

been asked a few times on my prices etc. I am going to post my jig prices and custom crankbaits designs I make in here now.

Standard Jig colors are below, custom colors available upon request.

21950122_857318701083411_343291216688221

HPjv6Hm.jpg

Tennessee Shad Jerkbait

Raspberry Chartreuse 2.5 Squarebill

Midnight Special 2.5 Squarebill

eqK6bQy.jpg

I guess I should have tilted the jerkbait up a bit..

Edited by Karma

The paint job on that jerk bait is especially fine.  Very nice work.

Out of those three my personal favorite was the Midnight Special. The camera doesn't do it much justice but it has a lighter blue scale pattern on it.

Gentlemen...I think I have finally perfected my bluegill crankbait which some of you seem to like so much. I have been home sick this week so I have watched more videos and gotten more ideas... anyway I blended in a couple more colors. Used a new stencil and came up with this. I think if I tone down the amount of blue around the gill plate, then I am going to achieve a very realistic looking bait. I sprayed this one on a 2.5 squarebill first time trying this pattern on this bait blank.

XxtZk4T.jpg

4svw5N6.jpg

Looking good right there!!! I'm not that much in chase baits and power fishing but if I was that would be a bait for me.........................:cheers:

I like it the way it is the little bit of difference may make them smack it

Go with a more aqua green/blue on the gill plate & some purple mid body & you will have a close match. That one looks like a good bait as is, i like the green & black.

ok fellers...

I have just updated our jig menu, we modified the prices on some items and we added some new items.

We have added the new underspins. These are made with Gamakastu hooks and we can paint the heads in any color/colors you like. We are coating these in the same epoxy we use on our crankbaits to protect the paintjob from nicks and abrasions.

We now have poison tail swim jigs, customer can obviously select the color of the jig head as well as the color of the skirt and eyes. A chatterbait/bladed version of this is available as well.

We are now offering standard round/ball head jigs ranging from 1/32 to 1/2 oz just in time for the fall crappie bite or whatever else you want to use them for!

14 hours ago, SilverFox said:

What kind of swivel do you put on your underspin?

oh dang it. I spent hours last night revising that chart and didn't upload the correct one. I will get that done soon. It is supposed to have more wording under it.

Customer can choose from either crane swivels or ball bearing swivels. We can also sell them as just the heads if someone is looking to use them as just a plain swim bait jig.

for those of you that want to know the difference between the types of swivels...

crane swivels are used commonly in spinnerbaits, used in carolina rig set ups... very common general purpose swivel both ends of the swivel rotate but they generally require more speed to get them rotating. Can be found just about anywhere, cheap and easy to replace.

ball bearing swivels have one end that doesn't move and have more fluidity in their movement and therefor can start spinning at a much slower speed. I have heard of them failing after a lot of use but imo... you are probably going to lose the bait before that happens unless you are just dragging it across the bottom through the mud, sand and other small debris that can get inside the bearing area.

ok I now have the correct menu listed...

I hope. I have scanned over it 5/6 times for any errors but I know someone will find one. :lol:

I have to admit, I am really loving these new poison tail swim jigs. This is one I made the other day with a custom skirt. I paired it up with one of those yum worms that have the paddle tail on the end. A lot of guys pitch and flip these as well, I can't wait to get on Cordell Hull with this one.

22046877_1585550224821613_3428967393917921768466_1585636551479647_4950323065286622008149_1585636831479619_54228742808904

I'd be really curious to see some pics of these underspins if you could. Your other lures look great!

5 hours ago, adurbin said:

I'd be really curious to see some pics of these underspins if you could. Your other lures look great!

I am on the road in California right now. I have some made up in the shop back home but I was waiting for our ball bearing swivels to come in (should be any time now <_<) before I mounted the blades on them. I didn't want to make them with the crane swivels, my personal preference.  As soon as I get those in I will post some.

20 hours ago, Karma said:

I am on the road in California right now. I have some made up in the shop back home but I was waiting for our ball bearing swivels to come in (should be any time now <_<) before I mounted the blades on them. I didn't want to make them with the crane swivels, my personal preference.  As soon as I get those in I will post some.

No problem! Thanks.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, adurbin said:

sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. I had completely forgotten about this. This is just a sample bait we made up for testing purposes.

22851440_1610679915641977_684855223_o.jp

I have also been doing a lot of orders on the new poison tail style chatterbait I am making. They look great and I personally get a better hook up ratio with them. I caught 5 in less than 20 casts the other day on my largest farm pond which is about the size of a football field.

22831419_1610680285641940_2196875_o.jpg

Edited by Karma

2 hours ago, 31Airborne said:

have you made the underspin w/ a weedguard?  if not, can you?

That is an interesting concept. The weedguard would have to go in behind the eye of the hook to allow for a trailer bait, I am thinking that a standard fiber weedguard would be far too large, however a wire weedguard may be possible. I will look into this.

Yessir.  there is one manufacturer I know who does that now.  They use a fiber guard - not quite as thick or as many strands as a jig weed guard but still effective.  Allows you to do some very cool things w/ the underspin that would otherwise get you into trouble.