Sign in to follow this  
Jbrown

Custom rods

both mine are Abu-Garcia Ike series. Nice rods, Sensitive, And haven't broke one yet. Unlike a few others Ive owned. However I always liked Fenwick spinning rods. And I haven't found a Cashion I don't like. However i have never fished their spinning rods. 

Looking for a good feeler rod something that you can feel the lightest bites for worm and drop shots or jigs but the lighter stuff like Texas rigs or weightless rigs maybe even small tubes

Love my Loomis rods for their feel. The Shakey head rod is a great choice for lightweight baits. Perfect balance of tip & backbone.

Loomis is a great rod. Also hard to go wrong with Dixie Customs. Dewayne makes a great rod and won't break the bank. 

• Like 1

Joe burns custom rods . He makes a TN handle out of cork and graphite rings that touch the blank . I think he is in Cleavland Tn or you should be able to google him . I think they are around 140.00 .

I purchased a 7'3 M Fate Chrome rod by 12 Fishing a few weeks ago and paired it up with a 13 Fishing Creed GT.

Love the rod's sensitivity, I can feel my bait dragging through brush piles, rocks etc and that is spooled 100% fluorocarbon, I plan on changing it out to mono for even more sensitivity.

They make a 7'1 MH

retail price is around $80

5 hours ago, Karma said:

I purchased a 7'3 M Fate Chrome rod by 12 Fishing a few weeks ago and paired it up with a 13 Fishing Creed GT.

Love the rod's sensitivity, I can feel my bait dragging through brush piles, rocks etc and that is spooled 100% fluorocarbon, I plan on changing it out to mono for even more sensitivity.

They make a 7'1 MH

retail price is around $80

Don't you get more sensitivity out of Fluoro with the almost no stretch? If you want more I would think going to braid would be a better option?? 

Flouro actually stretches more than you would think, just barely less than mono. The true advantage is that is sinks and is invisible. Saw a few tests hanging weights from several brands and all flouro stretched 

57 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

braid + flouro leader = unparalleled sensitivity. 

This

Can't beat the strength of it either. 

1 hour ago, rusty50576 said:

Flouro actually stretches more than you would think, just barely less than mono. The true advantage is that is sinks and is invisible. Saw a few tests hanging weights from several brands and all flouro stretched 

Yeah that is what I have been reading about in several articles. It is also going to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some pros are using mono on their cranking rod set ups. I'm just wanting to experiment.

59 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

braid + flouro leader = unparalleled sensitivity. 

Yes... I know I should be going this route, but I have zero confidence in my ability to tie both lines together securely.

1 minute ago, Karma said:

Yes... I know I should be going this route, but I have zero confidence in my ability to tie both lines together securely.

Animated Fishing Knots by John Sherry
https://appsto.re/us/uUcVt.i

not sure if you have an iPhone or not, but that's the best app I've found for knots

When speaking of sensitivity, fluorocarbon is one of the best, IMO. My reasoning has to due with the density of the line, and the fact it will transmit the bite while slack. I find that I feel more bites on semi-slack line with fluoro than any others.

With that said I really like running a top shot or T-Shot setup on most of my spinning setups. I run long (20-25') leaders of either fluoro or mono, depending on technique at the time. Lots of benefits like casting distance and limiting twist. 

P.S. I use the Alberto knot to connect the lines. 

4 hours ago, brwnbass said:

I don't see the point in a 25' leader?  And +1 on joe burns rods. They are nice.

I've found the long leaders to be a mix of attributes from both lines. Casting distance, lack of stretch from the braid and forgiveness and sink rate from the fluoro. Another benefit is, I can retie a bunch and I don't have to splice on a new leader as often. 

• Like 1