Sign in to follow this  
Jbrown

Pork rinds

Who else besides uncle josh s makes them I can't find none nowhere and I ain't never tried plastic on my jigs always used pork crass and frogs this is aggravating me have they quit making them or does nobody carry them any more

You can still find some on ebay and Amazon but when it's gone there won't be any more. Uncle Josh quit making them after 93 years in business back in December 2015.

Thanks man I just ain't tried the plastic and guess I'm gonna have to looks like or start cutting my own 

13 hours ago, Jbrown said:

Thanks man I just ain't tried the plastic and guess I'm gonna have to looks like or start cutting my own 

Like you Jb I wanted to continue using the pork and even after I began making chunks I used Pork. Then it became harder and harder to find so I tried out plastic chunks. Yea they do tear up faster then Pork but as far as catching fish there was no difference. They seemed to catch just as many and because of the many more colors I had options to use I think it may have even improved it some.

2 hours ago, 31Airborne said:

Maybe Doug's getting a little crabby on us?  :)

Thats funny right there...........:lol: The site will not accept any pictures I wanted to use but it did accept the craw fish picture and I have about 8 of them in different colors so I will be changing my Crawfish Avatar ever so often and show off some of the other color craws that live in our lakes. Might give folks some ideas on craws to order................:cheers:

4 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

Doug, what's up with the blue crawdad avatar? LOL 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to see I had changed my avatar picture and it didn't take long..........:lol:

17 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Doug, you have to resize a pic to very small parameters to use it as an avatar

Thanks Andy but the pictures I wanted to use when I down sizes them looked like junk so I will go with the craws for a while as I have about 8 or 10 of different pictures to choose from so I will be rotating them from time to time..............:D 

so how do i order some from you and what colors you recommend I fish a lot of green and brown colored jigs 

41 minutes ago, trackertxw175 said:

Ask for the"special"

IMG_20170324_141400103.jpg

Holy Cow!!!! :o I was not expecting that for sure!!!!!  I never thought you would post your secret weapon on here...................:ph34r:

Caught one of the deepest smallmouth on Cherokee I've ever caught on a jig with that trailer this past December.

That reminds me that i need to go to a certain tackle store & buy up the rest of the black & orange 11a chunks they have. I won't throw a big blade at night without pork. :D

Don't know if they make "chunk" style baits but FatCow & Ottertails have replaced Uncle Josh as bucktail trailers with their strip style baits.

Edited by surfandstreamfisher

On March 20, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Jbrown said:

Who else besides uncle josh s makes them I can't find none nowhere and I ain't never tried plastic on my jigs always used pork crass and frogs this is aggravating me have they quit making them or does nobody carry them any more

Try here https://www.overstockbait.com they have some but not sure which ones you want.