Sign in to follow this  
BassinHomer

Best Trolling Motor $600.00 or less

So what's the best trolling motor at or under $600.00? Are there any electric steering types? For those who have an electric steer pros/cons? I have a small boat so I shouldn't need a lot of thrust.

New your options are pretty much limited to the Minn Kota edge. If you comb the ads, though, you can easily find a good used for under that price. Possibly an electric steer if you're patient 

If you can find a good used one you'll save a ton of money. Call around to the Marinas in the area.....lots of folks are upgradeing TMs right now and they gotta sell the old ones to somebody.... I once got $1,100 TM that was 3 years old for $200 from Watson's.....always some for sell on FB too

3 minutes ago, GlitterRocket said:

If you can find a good used one you'll save a ton of money. Call around to the Marinas in the area.....lots of folks are upgradeing TMs right now and they gotta sell the old ones to somebody.... I once got $1,100 TM that was 3 years old for $200 from Watson's.....always some for sell on FB too

Exactly what Joey said. So many people are upgrading to the ultrex right now, you should be able to find a good used unit somewhere right now. 

1 hour ago, TheBassWhisperer said:

Thanks fellas, I don't see motorguide being thrown around on here anywhere?:huh:

I've always been a Minn Kota guy, but Motorguide has usually been more affordable and I honestly like the switch placement better on it. Either way Mr. Glitter is dead on about used. There are a ton of good deals to be had if you look around. 

• Like 1

I have a motorguide on the boat now after always having a Minn Kota before. it came with the boat or I would have had another Minn Kota. However I have zero complaints out of the motorguide. once I got used to the button being on the wrong side it's been great. Honestly think the button placement fits me better now that I'm used to it. 

I love my Xi5 Motorguide... But it wasn't under 600.00. However I am one of these people who believe in dropping the cash up front instead of spending twice as much later.