Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

TNBF #2 Official Results

There were 28 boats that came out to a beautiful spring morning. Overall, fairly tough fishing prevailed, as there were only 8 limits weighed in. Congrats to jroller & jwilliams69 on a great bag of fish! Also congrats to 21XRD & Valt on big fish, with a 5.88 lb LM. We appreciate everyone coming out to fish with us and look forward to seeing y'all again April 8 on Douglas at Dandridge ramp. Full results are as follows:

1) Jroller & Jwilliams69..................................5 fish.........16.40 lbs

2) Tobybol & DonniesHVAC.........................5 fish..........15.19 lbs

3) Triton196 & StratosRocket.......................5 fish..........14.75 lbs.....5.21 BF

4) fencepost & preacher...............................5 fish..........14.10 lbs

5) Challexpress & smallmouthwhisperer......5 fish..........13.77 lbs

6) SteveHTN & whj812.................................5 fish..........13.64 lbs.....4.24 BF

7) 21XRD 7 Valt............................................4 fish..........13.40 lbs.....5.88 BF

8) Madvolsfan & Garry Minnick(g)................5 fish...........11.73 lbs

9) Jreagan & Nickhat47................................5 fish...........10.64 lbs

10) Jigheadworm & Kenny Timbs(g).............3 fish...........8.02 lbs

11) 82nd4Life & Jamie DeVera.....................3 fish...........7.86 lbs

12) Mountainman & SJK...............................4 fish...........7.81 lbs

13) BulletDeuce & PromaX...........................4 fish...........7.80 lbs

14) Landshark...............................................3 fish...........7.14 lbs

15) HDHOPPY & TNSmallmouth..................3 fish...........6.84 lbs

16) Trackertxw175 & EugeneHart.................2 fish...........5.16 lbs.....3.24 BF

17) clprice & fish19........................................2 fish...........5.02 lbs

18) Ccriderz01...............................................DNW

18) GlitterRocket & BlindHawg......................DNW

18) Bassfisher45 & cranker46.......................DNW

18) James76.................................................DNW

18) codyshipleyfishing & Toby Garland(g)....DNW

18) Peck........................................................DNW

18) Cranky & Tim Dye(g)..............................DNW

18) fisherman1989........................................DNW

18) Rodknocker & Gary Kennedy(g).............DNW

18) 354V & Coy Jordan(g)............................DNW

Great Turnouts and Weights guys!!  I had a blast! Ill be at one in the near future (DOUGLAS NIGHT is already a GO!!)

Dang son, that's about what took the other Tx out of the same ramp as well. Just waiting for the interview with the winners to hear the prevailing patterns and techniques...

23 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

+1....60* water in late March should have been on like donkey kong

I saw mid 50's, I think that cold blast we had week before last stalled everything out a bit.

17 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

+1....60* water in late March should have been on like donkey kong

I would agree with you 1000% except for 1 thing Andy. With the way this past winter was and the water temps not really bottoming out like they have in past winters the fish patterns are not the same asfolks thought they would be. We have been going through that down this way for last couple years. For the last 3 years I can remember B.T. would go up to Dale Hollow and was lucky to find water temps below 48 and had to hunt to find it that cold and it also effected his Floating Fly fishing big time. He complained about not having Winters anymore. I also have a few friends That FNF on Percy Priest lake down here and they say they can't find water below 50 anyplace and they are also not finding the Smallies where they should be.

I think if we don't get any more cold winters we are going to have to adjust our fishing patterns and also adjust to having a MEGA bad bug problem and need some serious bug repellent just to fish at night.........jmho 

we are due for a cold one. Remember 2 winters in a row a few years ago the lakes froze up a decent amount. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SteveHTN said:

we are due for a cold one. Remember 2 winters in a row a few years ago the lakes froze up a decent amount. 

I keep hoping for a cold Winter with some snow that lays on the ground that will kill the bugs but not holding my breath with the way Winters are not acting normal even in Alaska. They are having much warmer weather than they are use to for last couple years. It is not just a local issue any more.

Just to be honest we were really surprised  on the win  . We knew we had a decent bag of fish but figured it would take quite a bit more to win . We caught fish on single swimmers, damiki's, and A-rig. Congrats to all that placed and BF. Thanks to all that take there time to run these TX also.