Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

Livewell overflow

So during the tx Saturday I kept having issues with the water level in my well rising well above the overflow. Obviously having a timer would have solved the issue, and that's on my to do list. But, my question is shouldn't my overflow drain water faster than the pump can pull it in? I've fished during summer running the wells continuous without this issue, so I'm guessing the overflow is clogged. If so, any ideas how to clean it out? Thanks 

You mean those 2 boxes in the back of your boat wasn't toilets?  That might have been what clogged it.....:lol:

I have the same issue with my Skeeter and will never understand why they put my overflow outlets under the rear of my boat under the waterline and then expect it to flow out but that is where mine are so I work around it by using what ever chemicals I need to add to the live welll and turn on the ProAir in the live wells and it has been working for me for many years. I thought about getting the over flows moved to a space above the water lines but never did cause I never had any issues with loosing fish.

2 minutes ago, whj812 said:

You mean those 2 boxes in the back of your boat wasn't toilets?  That might have been what clogged it.....:lol:

Now you have your answer Steve.....................:lol:

57 minutes ago, whj812 said:

LOL. I wondered what that smell was 

LOL. Well anyone have an idea how to clean the overflow out, whether it's debris or a Nibiru turd?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteveHTN said:

LOL. Well anyone have an idea how to clean the overflow out, whether it's debris or a Nibiru turd?

My cousin had this issue.  He had to hookup a hose to the drain and blow all of the stuff back through the drain.  It ended up being dirt dobbers making nests in the piping.

• Like 1

+1....water hose backward to flush. Sometimes, it's best to use recirculation than incoming fresh water, if you have that option. I'd bet you've got a partial obstruction in the outlet, tho.

32 minutes ago, whj812 said:

My cousin had this issue.  He had to hookup a hose to the drain and blow all of the stuff back through the drain.  It ended up being dirt dobbers making nests in the piping.

You beat me to it Wes! I', guessing dirt dobbers also and those little boogers can be hard to wash out if they made a good nest..........B)

Thanks fellers. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. 

As far as recirc, I do have it, but my valves are so dang finicky that half the time they'll operate in auto anyways. Bout to just go to a pump only system with a drain plug. Far less headache. 

• Like 1

6 pump system is the simplest way to go. Valves get sticky, cables stretch & break. But with the cartridge style pumps, it's always an easy fix .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mountainman said:

6 pump system is the simplest way to go. Valves get sticky, cables stretch & break. But with the cartridge style pumps, it's always an easy fix .

Makes sense to me

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM, whj812 said:

That is hilarious.

• Like 1