Sign in to follow this  
brwnbass

Shad spawn

What are some of your favorite night shad spawn baits? I like a white (G finish) original spook, no rattle. A prop bait, like the yozuri 3db. Or a texas rigged swimbait, 1/4 oz pegged sinker, stroked off the bottom. Its coming up in the next month or so. I get all giddy when i hear the baitfish sloshing around in the shallows at night. I can't wait.:D

A couple from last year.

20160612_005424.jpg

20160612_014003.jpg

• Like 1

From the looks of some of those spooks, they were hitting them very agressively for sure. Nice bunch of bucket mouths for sure.........:cheers:

I agree with Doug...

its hard to beat a Heddon Torpedo. That is one of the first baits my Grandfather taught me to use after I begged him to let me move on from plastic grubs and I love them to this day. Nothing like the sound of that prop coming through the water, or the blow up when they come up and hit them. I bet I have 50 of them in various colors and sizes.

13 hours ago, Karma said:

I agree with Doug...

its hard to beat a Heddon Torpedo. That is one of the first baits my Grandfather taught me to use after I begged him to let me move on from plastic grubs and I love them to this day. Nothing like the sound of that prop coming through the water, or the blow up when they come up and hit them. I bet I have 50 of them in various colors and sizes.

I don't have that many but I do have several in Shad color and several in Clear and most of them I own are Black with white ribs. I own both the Torpedos and the Tiny Torpedos and let the fish tell me which one they want by having 1 of each tied on rods.

Any color chatterbait so long as it's white.  Paddle tail swimbait trailer.  More thumpage is gooder.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, Karma said:

I agree with Doug...

I have some torpedoes, i have several different kinds of prop baits. The bite on a prop bait just isn't that good most of the time. They do turn on to it late in the shad spawn, when its dying out. But they will kill that spook the whole time. I like a P70 pop R alot too, but i don't throw it much because they tend to swallow it & i have to do surgery to get it back.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, 31Airborne said:

Any color chatterbait so long as it's white.  Paddle tail swimbait trailer.  More thumpage is gooder.

Airborne, WTH is that in your avatar?

Class, ma man.  Class.  Was getting tired of all the orange around here.

BTW, we swept Auburn this weekend.  Geaux Tigers!!!