Sign in to follow this  
surfandstreamfisher

opinions on hummingbird helix 5

It's to replace my hummingbird piranha 220. I'm looking at helix 5 sonar DI. My boat is a 14' aluminum starcraft w/ tiller steering. Whats your opinion on this unit? Any other recommendations are welcome..........thank-you

I just put a Helix 7 Di/GPS on the bow of mine. The sonar and DI screens are great. I'm going to have to get a chip for the GPS. Like my Lowrance I have at console, there are no contour depth lines without a chip added. 

Here are a few of the demo screenshots I took when I installed it.

7044.jpeg

7039.jpeg

7034.jpeg

7029.jpeg

7024.jpeg

7018.jpeg

Helix is a nice unit dude. I had a 5. Only reason I sold it is I wanted a bigger screen 

I've got the helix 7 with DI/SI. Awesome unit. I'm about to buy one for the front as well. 

4 hours ago, surfandstreamfisher said:

Thanks tracker & steve, those are some encouraging endorsements! I've owned 2 hummingbird units and have been pleased.

Glad to help. You'll be pleased with it. Just a heads up though, at least in my experience, you'll want the bigger screen before long. But otherwise it's a heckuva good unit 

I loved mine!!  It was a great little rig.  I had the 5 si combo on my old G3 and it worked well.  I swapped to Garmins for my new boat however, cant beat their mapping technology and screen clarity.  

I would gladly buy another 5Si combo in a heartbeat!!