Sign in to follow this  
surfandstreamfisher

Braided line on spinning reels

Love it on mine.....in certain applications. Typically use power pro moss green 30# with a 12# flouro leader. Techniques I use at night, I'll use spiderwire glo-viz 30# with 12# flouro leader. Had a lot of success with these set ups the past few years

^^^ what they said. I love braid on spinning reels (well all reels honestly). No worries with line twist, and I can feel strikes on finesse baits much better. 

Best idea since automatic bilge pumps! ;o)   I shudder at all the years I spent with mono coiling off the dang spool. Usually 15 or 20 lb green PowerPro with a 6 to 10 ft Seaguar Floro leader. Mono leader if I'm throwing topwater.

I'm more light tackle than most. I only use 8lb or 10lb power pro moss green with a 4lb flouro leader most of the time. sometime I go to a 6lb mono leader under some situations. I love it honestly. can throw it a mile and feel every little bump. I'm sure larger braid is equally as good!

I'm w/ Funky - I like the lighter Power Pro (usually 15 or 20#) and a lite fluoro leader.  If the cover is really gnarly (lots of wood or grass) I'll go straight braid. 

I use 10lb power pro yellow on majority of my spinning reels. I used for shakyheads, dropshots, grubs, damiki, and swimbaits.  Shakyhead and swimbaits ill use 8-10 lb flouro leaders with 6lb on everything else.

I use #6 fireline w/ 10' of #6 stren clear mono on my med.lt. set-up. On my med.set-up I use #10 Power pro w/ 10' of #10-14 stren clear mono. On my med.hvy. set up I use #30 power pro no leader. I generally only use that rod for frogging lilly pads.