Sign in to follow this  
NobbyNobbs

Rod Socks

Okay who was making the Rod Socks? And has anyone bought any that can attest to quality?

any pictures anywhere?

I use BPS socks. Work pretty well. But if I had it to do over again, id order the Falcon socks from tackle whorehouse 

I use Stick Jackets and I also have some made by Rod Glove.  They are definitely worth the investment.  I have not had any problems with mine, as far as, guides poking through or tips breaking off.  I couldn't imagine my rod locker without them.  I no longer have to spend fishing time trying to untwist rod in my rod locker.

11 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Rod glove for me. Took the rod organizers out of boat, they work so well. 

I've always wondered if the rod organizers are actually useful or just take up space 

Most of mine are the BPS socks, and they work pretty good. I do have a couple from Walmart and they are straight junk. Rod tip goes right thru the end and they have a fold or tag on the end that keeps them from going in the tubes of my rod organizer unless you reach back there and get it started. I haven't tried any of the other brands mentioned but I've seen alot of the Rod Gloves used. They have a heat shrink tip that goes in and out of the organizers better from what I hear.

1 hour ago, SteveHTN said:

I've always wondered if the rod organizers are actually useful or just take up space 

If you don't have a bunch of rods crammed in em, they're handy. But, I carry a bunch of rods with me all the time. It gets aggrevating digging out the ones on the bottom. Good for bending eyes too, if you don't have socks on em. But, with socks & too many rods, it's way easier without the organizers, IMO. Still got my organizers, if anyone wants them with my boat....

I have rod gloves. Just thought I seen someone on here making them. I like supporting local business before larger companies..

If you know someone who sews or hems curtains or some sort of heavy cloth, ask if they will make you some rod socks.

cut to length you want. Most material used will likely be scrap.  Been using these for years. No snag low cost

On 4/26/2017 at 11:08 AM, NobbyNobbs said:

I have rod gloves. Just thought I seen someone on here making them. I like supporting local business before larger companies..

You did indeed. There was a guy on here months ago making Vols rod socks. Don't know where he ever went off to though 

10 minutes ago, SteveHTN said:

You did indeed. There was a guy on here months ago making Vols rod socks. Don't know where he ever went off to though 

I looked back and couldn't find that post, but there was indeed a guy on here selling them.

Since the boone drawdown I've found 2 rod socks and hooked 1 on a plug.  One says Stickjacket. Just cleaned the mud out of them.  Are they easy to blow off rods going down the lake.

Edited by NETangler

1 hour ago, NETangler said:

Since the boone drawdown I've found 2 rod socks and hooked 1 on a plug.  One says Stickjacket. Just cleaned the mud out of them.  Are they easy to blow off rods going down the lake.

No. But if youthrow them on the deck they blow oit pretty easy...

On April 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Peck said:

Most of mine are the BPS socks, and they work pretty good. I do have a couple from Walmart and they are straight junk. Rod tip goes right thru the end and they have a fold or tag on the end that keeps them from going in the tubes of my rod organizer unless you reach back there and get it started. I haven't tried any of the other brands mentioned but I've seen alot of the Rod Gloves used. They have a heat shrink tip that goes in and out of the organizers better from what I hear.

Cut those flaps off and sear the end and put heat shrink tubing on them. Shouldn't have to but it will work.