Sign in to follow this  
SquarebillT

Which Lifevest is best ?

Shopping for a inflatable vest?  Ive seen some mustangs for 150.00 ...was going to go with BPS for about 100.00 but the reviews was really bad....don't really wanna go over 150.00 because I got to buy 2 of them.. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

I have both types and don't have problem with either one. Don't take this the wrong way but how much is a life worth. just saying

• Like 1

A friend of mine recently(2 months ago) bought the BPS $100 version. IMO, his was not put together very well. The CO2 cartridge has become disconnected twice and the buckle doesn't always snap shut. I personally don't care for inflatables, but have the old skool Mustang vests. Mustang makes a great product....you'll pay for it, but in my experience, you generally get what you pay for.

• Like 1

I think inflatables are good while fishing, but I wouldn't trust one on plane to save my life. I don't use em period, but that's one thing I wouldn't skimp on quality imo 

I have the BPS inflatables. I haven't had any trouble with mine... I wasn't too confident when I first got it because of the whole inflatable thing but I tested it a few times and built some trust in it. I know myself well enough to know that when I am fishing by myself I am not going to wear one of those big bulky heavy ones in the summer heat. With these, I leave them on all the time.

I have a BPS Inflatable and I didn't like the idea of wearing it when running big motor but do put it on when fishing and just moving around it the boat. Like Karma, when I first got mine I gave it a test drive by walking out into the water and dunked my self and it puffed up really quick and floated me almost imediately. I put a new cartridge on it after it dried off and wear it around the boat but when running I still wear my 100MPH Impact life vest that I got from a friend of mine that drag races boats and he said that vest has save his life a couple times. I have had it for years and I still test it's floatation ability once in a while and it never fails to float my 245 lbs with ease.

14 hours ago, Z-91 said:

I have both types and don't have problem with either one. Don't take this the wrong way but how much is a life worth. just saying

that very true...thanks for all the info

The only real reason I got a BPS set of suspenders is I had a friend that worked at BPS and he got them and a gortex rain suit for me with his employee discount. If I would have had to buy one straight out I would have went the extra bucks and got a high end vest but this one seems to work so I feel better than wearing nothing while moving around in the boat these days as I have gotten older..........jmho

I've had no problems w/ the BPS product.  REC keeping spare CO2 cartridges if you're gonna go that route.