Sign in to follow this  
Jbrown

Custom a rigs for night time

Who makes one it would need Colorado blades blacked out with black swim baits

Interesting. I've never heard of or thought about an A rig at night. Maybe Shane's baits could make you one with the c blades. If not then you can always grab any a rig off the shelf, change out the blades, and toss on black swimbaits 

I know a couple people who have tried it. Guys that are REALLY good rig fishermen and they can not get bit on it. And I promise that this is not me trying to talk you out of it because it works. Watsons sold them when the rig bite first blew up and they don't even sell them anymore. 

Thanks I just thought that if they would hit a spinet bait at night they would realyhit a rig with Colorado blades figured it would be more vibration but I have been wrong before lol 

22 minutes ago, Jbrown said:

Thanks I just thought that if they would hit a spinet bait at night they would realyhit a rig with Colorado blades figured it would be more vibration but I have been wrong before lol 

I honestly think those things put out more than enough vibration as is, but certainly worth an experiment I guess. 

I have saw some with Colorado blades on the Tackle Warehouse site before. I'm sure they still have them. 

Why all black? Ive caught more than a few bass on different colored spinnerbaits at nite. Really loud colors can be a trigger that makes them bite. Ive caught alot of smallmouth on a monkey puke blade.

I'm kinda with brwnbass - I think a lighter or brighter color would be way more effective at nite, esp if there's a little moonlite.  Gives some contrast.  A black blade will be invisible toa fish.  You're banking on the sound drawing the strike.  I would want every possible attractant available to me as a nite bait.

1 hour ago, Jamie De Vera said:

Would you care to elaborate on this? 

download (1).jpg

6 minutes ago, GlitterRocket said:

Capture+_2017-05-16-10-08-49-1.png

Cat's out of the bag now

Just the thought of throwing an A rig of any type makes my arms and shoulders hurt and to add Colorado Blade to it just compounds the pain.............:huh:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM, GlitterRocket said:

Capture+_2017-05-16-10-08-49-1.png

I broke out into a cold sweat just thinking about slow rolling this and then the rod shooting out of my hand .

Do yourself a favor and get with James at bumpkinjigs.com and get some of his night time spinnerbaits . You can thank me later or curse me later when you lose your spinnerbait rod .

Here is my version of mp. If i want more thump, i take the #4 & #6 Oklahoma blades off & go with a #7 gold Colorado. I put quick change clevises & snaps on my spinnerbaits to make blade changes easy. It also keeps blades from getting slung off from smallmouth jumping.

20170520_193104.jpg

Edited by brwnbass

Ok so I might have it all wrong I was always told that a black blades cast a better silhouette at night but the other colored blades work to and even silver and gold to wow thanks guys

11 hours ago, Jbrown said:

Ok so I might have it all wrong I was always told that a black blades cast a better silhouette at night but the other colored blades work to and even silver and gold to wow thanks guys

I think blade vibration is more important than blade color on a night blade, hence the big Colorado blades. Black or dark colors on the skirt matter though. Can't go wrong with a Booyah Moon Talker straight off the shelf. 

back when I fished chase baits at night my spinner baits of choice where Hoppy's Black Emerald Spinner baits in 1/2 ounce. Only down side to fishing them on long points on Percy Priest Lake is really big Flat Head Catfish like them a lot and once you hook one of them they destroy your bait so if you fish them on Priest lake make sure you have a couple of them............:lol:

On 5/21/2017 at 0:19 AM, Jbrown said:

I like a gold blade & esp like a hammered gold #6 or 7 pickens hammered gold. But they are very hard find anymore. I am experimenting with some Oklahoma blades now. I will report my results.:D:ph34r:

Edited by brwnbass