Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Phoenix Customer Service

So, I've told many of you the great level of customer service I've gotten from Phoenix through the years. Recently had another example of why they're such a great company. Little background: I'm the second owner of a 2011 721. I've had 2 issues prior to this: 1) trailer issue with early model marine masters that requires a shim kit to keep the nose above the bow roller. Discovered the issue, contacted Phoenix & had a kit on its way within the hour. Free of charge. 2) net storage lid cracked. Emailed Phoenix to buy a replacement. Got a phone call 2 hours later saying one was being shipped to my address that day. Free of charge.

So, last month, I was fun fishing Boone when I hooked one, stepped back off the "tee" onto the forward center box lid & something popped like a 22 shot. Took a little looking to find it, but the c channel stiffener that supports the lid broke both welds. I planned to weld it back myself but was concerned about scorching the carpet and repowder coating the lid bottom. So i reached out to Phoenix for advice. Their answer: we will send you a temporary lid with a prepaid shipping label. Send us your lid, we'll fix it & send it to you with another prepaid label. Box ours up & send it back. Got my lid back yesterday & installed it. Fit & finish looks exactly like it all did before. All free of charge. Hard to beat service like that on a 6 yr old, 2nd owner boat.

That has always been the way Gary Clouse did business. He operated Stratos Boats the same way when he was running it until the owners fired him and his entire management. He said I won't be fire next time and about  5 month later he and his entire management team opened up Phoenix boats in Tullahoma in the old Bumblebee boat plant. Gary runs a great operation...........jmho 

Blows my mind how you've not been able to sell it yet given the quality and the customer service. Best in the business by far. 

I have an old Army buddy who owns a 721.  He's gotten the same level of service and responsiveness from the PHX folks.  If you've not ridden in one it's worth the time.  Sweet little ride and superb in heavy water.  Very smart storage and cabin layouts.

I'm not worried about it. If it sells, I'll upgrade. If not, I'll keep a very nice boat. It's a win-win for me

2 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

about  5 month later he and his entire management team opened up Phoenix boats 

That's not exactly how it happened, but the general gist is right. Few more months & a stint at Triton & back at Stratos under Genmar before he founded Phoenix, but you're close Doug.

59 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

I'm not worried about it. If it sells, I'll upgrade. If not, I'll keep a very nice boat. It's a win-win for me

That's not exactly how it happened, but the general gist is right. Few more months & a stint at Triton & back at Stratos under Genmar before he founded Phoenix, but you're close Doug.

Well I did lose track of him when he was doing all the moving around between companies but what few times we spoke he said he was in the process of opening up his own company. He does still order a few baits from me ever so often and he did sponsor the last Flippers Sunday Morning Bull Creek Tournament and that Classic and that was where him and Flipper parted company and friendship. I am glad you got your boat fixed also.......................:cheers:

Why would a guy part company with a manufacturer that sponsors his to tourney?

Oh.....I apologize, Doug. I didn't realize you & Gary Clouse were old friends. I'd say you know way more about it than I do, as all my info is just hearsay. 

Gary & Phoenix are a class act, that much I do know.

3 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Oh.....I apologize, Doug. I didn't realize you & Gary Clouse were old friends. I'd say you know way more about it than I do, as all my info is just hearsay. 

Gary & Phoenix are a class act, that much I do know.

No need for any apologies Andy. I knew Gary bounced around a few times while waiting for Bumble Bee to make a decision on just when they would be turning it over to Gary & company. I think what pushed Bumble Bee into allowing Gary to take over the plant was Bumble Bee still had about 20 custom boat orders that they were trying to finish up rather than leave the customers hanging. Gary stepped up to the plate and told the owners of Bumble Bee that he and his crew would build the 20 or so boats with Bumble Bee directing the builds enabling the boats to get done faster. It was a Win Win for both Gary and Bumble Bee. He got the plant 2.5 month ahead of schedule by stepping up and doing that.

I hope you can get your boat sold so you can get that new one your wanting. I have no clue why your boat has not sold by now but it seems that no one is buying boats right now. We have dropped the price on BT's Stratos to rock bottom and have not even had a nibble on it as of yet................:unsure:

3 hours ago, Tubejig said:

3 hours ago, Tubejig said:

Why would a guy part company with a manufacturer that sponsors his to tourney?

It's a long story but sometimes things just don't work out and this was one of them......B)

Edited by softbaitmaker