Sign in to follow this  
BassinHomer

Evinrude Electric

Well I landed myself a 42lb thrust Eveinrude electric trolling motor. I paid $60.00 + a transom mount minn kota which was old. Felt like I made a good deal. Couldn't find much on them onlinf. I suspect they were made by Minn Kota for Evinrude. Anyone seen them or know anything about them? It's not wireless but supposedly has a sensor to eep you out of he mud? The foot pedal works similar too cable driven but it's electric. I dunno, I'm pretty excited.

I don't know abt that specific model, however, the old OMC trollers were indestructible. I had 3 different ones on different boats. All were flawless. Quiet, dependable and well made. Very similar in design to motorguide...wink wink. I'd say you did good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mountainman said:

I don't know abt that specific model, however, the old OMC trollers were indestructible. I had 3 different ones on different boats. All were flawless. Quiet, dependable and well made. Very similar in design to motorguide...wink wink. I'd say you did good.

It is OMC, it says that on the bottom of the head next to the serial number. I'm pretty excited, lol. Curious if the quietness will help me catch more fish, it's for sure the quietest one I've ever had. Now to get a depth finder for the bow....

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, TheBassWhisperer said:

It is OMC, it says that on the bottom of the head next to the serial number. I'm pretty excited, lol. Curious if the quietness will help me catch more fish, it's for sure the quietest one I've ever had. Now to get a depth finder for the bow....

You will love that OMC TM for sure. Like Andy said, they are bullet proof and very quiet. I have owned a couple over the years with no complaints.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, softbaitmaker said:

You will love that OMC TM for sure. Like Andy said, they are bullet proof and very quiet. I have owned a couple over the years with no complaints.

Doug there was another post you made awhile back about modern trolling motors and electronics being easier on batteries and I have to say, you sir were correct! Even though it isn't new this is the first "modern" trolling motor and I fished from about 7-3 yesterday and plugged my battery up when I got home yesterday to check to see how much juice I'd used and I was still at 70%. I was impressed. Last time out with my old one my battery completely dies after the same amount of time.

1 hour ago, TheBassWhisperer said:

Doug there was another post you made awhile back about modern trolling motors and electronics being easier on batteries and I have to say, you sir were correct! Even though it isn't new this is the first "modern" trolling motor and I fished from about 7-3 yesterday and plugged my battery up when I got home yesterday to check to see how much juice I'd used and I was still at 70%. I was impressed. Last time out with my old one my battery completely dies after the same amount of time.

Glad you are enjoying your OMC unit. I know several people that bought boats back in the late 80's and early 90s that had OMC TM on them and when they bought new boats they just had the OMC TM moved to their new boats and they still are doing that with their new boats today.  Many of them bought back up OMC trolling motors when they learned that OMC was going to stop making them and there has been a few that have had to have the foot of the Trolling motors rebuilt but they just keep on using them rather than buy a new TM. I know one guy that just had Phoenix put his 1990 model OMC on his new Phoenix 20 foot boat. Good luck with yours!!!

• Like 1