Sign in to follow this  
82nd4Life

Looking for a 24 pitch Raker prop

I have a 25 pitch but looking for more Rs.  I also have a 25 pitch Shooter other than trying it out its a brand new prop I'd sell or trade.  V6 OMC gearcase.

I have a 23P Tempest Plus for sale, may give you more than you want tho. You're welcome to try it out.

Edited by Peck

That might put me 6 grand.  Isn't a tempest a mercury prop.  Where are you located?  I'd be happy to try it.

Yeah came off a Merc, I didn't even pay attention that you said OMC. I'm in Church Hill, but I'm pretty sure it won't work without modification. 

You can change the hubs but thats a bit much to see if it would work.  Im at 5700 wot with the 25p,  so id say a 23p would put me around 6200ish.  I was at 5800 to 5900 but it was slipping so i lowered my jack plate and now its hooked up,  but my rpms have dropped out of the range i like to be in.

I think the OMC hub kits at Watson's are only 35 or 40 dollars and they may have a test one you can try for free. The Tempest plus is a totally different prop than the Raker so you want be able to go by the 23 pitch as raising you rpm's by 4 to 5 hundred. You'll just have to try one out and see what it does.