Sign in to follow this  
MOONlite

blacklight question

for anyone with a full moon that has high/low adjustment on green light, do you ever use the low setting?

we're considering eliminating this option.  should we keep it?

thanks

Me personally, it's rare that I use it. On an extremely dark moonless, cloudy night is about the only time I've used it.

I hate 'em. In the past, you could fish the same bank fairly close to another boat and both enjoy the experience (with black lights on). Now, if you get within 200 yards of some of them, you either have to pull your hat brim down over your face or leave the area. It's ridiculous how some seem to feel the need to give the appearance of being a city when moving down the bank.

• Like 1

I always use the low setting on mine if I'm by myself. If my dad is with me I turn them on high so he can see the bank better. He's 76 years old and has a little trouble fishing in the dark now but at least he still loves to get out and fish.

I used em on very dark nights. If there was a decent amount of light then I went uv only. That high setting sure lets the bank light up though. Sometimes that's a good thing. 

I think it's perfectly fine. Full moon nights when there's a lot of ambient light is the only time I have to watch my line closely, and that's because I choose to use UV braid, which is thin & doesn't glow greatly.