Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick

Beech creek help

Guest Nick

Ok, so I've heard all these great things about the creek and decided to go try it. My concerns are how far from the ramp is the spill way, is it marked? And can I run my glass boat or do I need aluminum. What is the depth like in the channel is it muddy or rocky? And is it just flipping and frogging or are there other methods also? Thanks in advance.

I've Only fished it once and zeroed, but it's a cool place and I'll try it again. Glass boat is fine just be careful until you know the waterway. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in with some help.

TVA demolished the smokestacks to the old steam plant that were on the left going down river. The spillway is right there. Know some guys that actually went over it. They were very lucky. Had the motor trimmed up enough and there was enough water going over dam that they were able to pull off a miracle landing. Best thing i can tell you is if you go down river, when you see railroad tracks on left next to water, idle from there. Spillway isn't far past there.

6 hours ago, trackertxw175 said:

TVA demolished the smokestacks to the old steam plant that were on the left going down river. The spillway is right there. Know some guys that actually went over it. They were very lucky. Had the motor trimmed up enough and there was enough water going over dam that they were able to pull off a miracle landing. Best thing i can tell you is if you go down river, when you see railroad tracks on left next to water, idle from there. Spillway isn't far past there.

Holy crap! That's stuff of legends! Insane. I'm supposed to be off on Thursday and hope to go down there.

Edited by pitchin pigs

I've really been itching to fish this lake. I'm guessing a kayak will cover a decent amount of it?

12 hours ago, pitchin pigs said:

Holy crap! That's stuff of legends! Insane. I'm supposed to be off on Thursday and hope to go down there.

There have been a few that weren't that lucky over the years. Several have gotten into trouble getting too close from the lower side and had the boat swamp and get pulled into spillway in the blink of an eye

https://youtu.be/jgd-tbYeZyY 

Video of smokestacks being demolished in case you missed it

take a right when you come out of the ramp cut and you wont have to worry about the spill way. Plenty of great fishing that way. 

2 hours ago, trackertxw175 said:

There have been a few that weren't that lucky over the years. Several have gotten into trouble getting too close from the lower side and had the boat swamp and get pulled into spillway in the blink of an eye

https://youtu.be/jgd-tbYeZyY 

Video of smokestacks being demolished in case you missed it

Insane how good some of these demolition crews are. Both of em landed in the exact same spot. 

13 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

I've really been itching to fish this lake. I'm guessing a kayak will cover a decent amount of it?

A kayak will fish it good. HOWEVER, pay attention to the generation schedule for FT Pat. It takes the water 12-13 hours roughly to get to beech creek and if they are rolling a lot of water and you go downstream it will be a bi$@h to get back up fighting the current. 

Edited by bronzebackhuntr

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this