Sign in to follow this  
BassinHomer

Daiwa Jupiter Rod

Hey ya'll, don't know what kind of crankbait rods ya'll prefer but I like a medium action rod with a good bit of action at the tip to really whip it out there. Just picked up a Daiwa Jupiter 7.0 MH from Wal-Mart last week for $50.00 and I think it's going to be awesome. Haven't had a rod that I liked for crankbaits and spinners like this in years and I really think this one is going to be the ticket. I haven't had her out on the water yet but I zinged it around the yard and was really impressed, can't wait for this weekend.

I got a halo starlite,  med action med fast at walmart awhile back & it is nice. A bit stiff for cranking but works well with larger stuff. Works exceptionally well with a buzzbait. It was $100+ rod on clearance for $48. They still had 3 last time i was there ( 2 weeks ) . Walmart by Knoxville center ( formerly east town ) mall. Its ugly, red with yellow foam handles, but its light & sensitive. 

On 6/18/2017 at 7:03 PM, TheBassWhisperer said:

Hey ya'll, don't know what kind of crankbait rods ya'll prefer but I like a medium action rod with a good bit of action at the tip to really whip it out there. Just picked up a Daiwa Jupiter 7.0 MH from Wal-Mart last week for $50.00 and I think it's going to be awesome. Haven't had a rod that I liked for crankbaits and spinners like this in years and I really think this one is going to be the ticket. I haven't had her out on the water yet but I zinged it around the yard and was really impressed, can't wait for this weekend.

I had one of those teamed with a Lews SpeedSpool 5.2:1 SS1S reel.  BUT I had an incident on Cherokee several years ago where I made a cast in fall creek right behind the dock.  Rod slipped out of hand hit the deck and bounced out of the boat.  I reached down to grab before it sank and I tumbled overboard, no lifejacket, with bibs on, sweatshirt and layers on because it was cold and water was 46.  I hit water and luckly grabbed the boat and moved to back of the boat to climb back in.  It was tough.... FROM THAT DAY FORTH WHENEVER I HAVE BIBS ON OR LAYERS OF CLOTHING I HAVE MY LIFE JACKET ON!!!!! I cant even explain how heavy I was with all that gear on, and a gun in my pocket.  I had to strip off to shorts because I was freezing with those soaking wet clothes on.  Ran back to 25E cold as crap, ran to my truck and warmed up.  On my way to truck this old guy said " You fell in didnt you"  yep i did now Im freezing :) 

Sorry I got off track.  Its a great little rod for the money and loads up real nice throwing those deep cranks!!  Make sure you put a good reel on top of it and you can launch those cranks out there!!

• Like 1

I used to use one as a jigging rod.

Ironically enough it was stolen two weeks ago. I left it tied down to my deck to be respooled when I got home. Someone must have taken it at one of the two places I stopped. It was a 7'6 heavy and did great flipping and pitching. It was a good rod for the $75 I spent on it. I would rather have the $150 Daiwa Tatula that was on it back though....:unsure:

• Like 1

I was on Douglas a few years back in some of the worse wind I've ever experienced on a lake bundled up like that and that was exactly my fear.