Sign in to follow this  
SmallieChaser

Fluorescent Line/Braid

Give me some suggestions fellas.  

Currently use spiderwire glo-vis. Doesn't really glow that well but I like it. I use to use stren fluorocarbon which I really liked but they did continued it. 

Went to to bass pro the other day and they only had 2 different versions that glowed and it was monofilament. Other than that the guy said they didn't carry anything. 

Either way, I'm getting irritated buying stuff online not knowing clearly whether it will or will not glow. So let me know what y'all use. Thanks 

Stren what i use are p line both are mono 12 to 14 for worm and jig fishing at nite 

Sufix Neon Fire braid lights up like the 4th under black light. Pretty tough stuff too. Haven't changed my line in over 2 years and still holding up well. 

• Like 2

As far as I am concerned you cannot beat Sufix brand lines whether it be their braid or the Co-polymer ProMix. Best lines I have ever used and won't fish anything else. The lines under a black light look like Florescent boat rope hanging off the end of your rod and when it enters the water it dissappears. Love the stuff..............jmho

• Like 1

For braid, I use the glow-viz. Tim Maxfield was in watsons the other day with a new line from a company called K-9. Its green fluorescent floro and that stuff glowed in the daylight in front of a black light. Can't wait to try it out. It's also extremely supple for floro, he's using 12 on a spinning rod and for anyone who's ever tried spoiling floro on a spinning rod, you know how that goes. I'm swinging by to load some on a reel off a filler spool they gave him to try and I'll report on it and let ya know how well it holds up. 

• Like 1

Let me ask this. My knots always seem to get caught in my micro eyes. I use a double uni knot. What knot do you all use ?

9 hours ago, SmallieChaser said:

Let me ask this. My knots always seem to get caught in my micro eyes. I use a double uni knot. What knot do you all use ?

Why use a leader at all if your nite fishing? I use a braid/floro set up for a few different things, but they are all day time applications. Just wondering why ya would need it at nite?

Honestly, there are a lot of times I think you can get by without a leader even in the day time. For example....was on a good pattern with a jig a few months ago. Got hung in some rocks & broke off at the leader knot. Not wanting to take the time to rework my whole rig, I quickly tied a new jig on & never quit getting bit. I have more confidence with a leader, but in certain situations, like dirty water, you can get by without it.

I guess my theory behind it is getting hung up to be honest. 

I assume I could possibly go with a larger weight to compensate for the slower drop of running straight braid. 

My main issue is I fish during the day and at night both. I don't really want to invest in extra spools but I guess I probably should. 

Could be you got a bad spool of glo-viz. I've been using it for a couple of years with very little complaints. Some spools have glowed less than others, possibly not as thoroughly coated? Anyhow, I've liked it both day & night. Wish power pro would come out with a viable alternative. Love me some power pro.

^^^^ +1 on Power Pro. I've had good luck with Glo Vis. I really like the Sufix Neon Fire as well. I'm with Glitter on the leader. Never seems to make much difference for me, so with the exception of maybe dropshot, I don't run a leader at night either.