Sign in to follow this  
adurbin

A little more Navigation Help Please

Hello all. Let me first start by saying that I have come to the conclusion that Beech Creek is one of, if not my most favorite places to fish in the area. When I first started fishing it, everyone told me not to go past "the island". So, playing safe in my glass boat, I haven't gone too up that way. (usually stopping at the first bend past the bridge and fishing back the other way towards the creek. Anyway, there are two islands. A smaller one (A in the picture below) and a larger one (B in the pic below). Which one of these two islands is the one that I don't want to go past? Thanks!

Screenshot%203.jpg

Don't go past A  if there not generating water you can go to b if they are generating alot water from Patrick Henry when u get past a the next bend there alot shoals before u get to b is Miller island good smallmouth fishing all they up to surgonville boat ramp best if u could  use a  jon boat with a jet motor i go with my cousin in he's it's  the best to check generating schedule before going be careful on any river in real swift water wear a life jacket good luck hope this helps you ps never let your boat get sideways in river current because if u do get hung up it will flip the boat am real big on safety fishing rivers it different then lake fishing  

1 hour ago, bluejig said:

Don't go past A  if there not generating water you can go to b if they are generating alot water from Patrick Henry when u get past a the next bend there alot shoals before u get to b is Miller island good smallmouth fishing all they up to surgonville boat ramp best if u could  use a  jon boat with a jet motor i go with my cousin in he's it's  the best to check generating schedule before going be careful on any river in real swift water wear a life jacket good luck hope this helps you ps never let your boat get sideways in river current because if u do get hung up it will flip the boat am real big on safety fishing rivers it different then lake fishing  

Thanks!

You can go past (a) if they are not generating just idle and stay to the left of island and watch depth finder but unless they are movin water it's pointless to go that far I've found that if that water isn't moving they won't bite

9 hours ago, 423fishin said:

You can go past (a) if they are not generating just idle and stay to the left of island and watch depth finder but unless they are movin water it's pointless to go that far I've found that if that water isn't moving they won't bite

Funny, that was the bite all over that place yesterday. When the wind would pick up and create current, I would get bit. Like clockwork, as soon as the wind stopped and the water wasn't moving, the bite would just stop.

Edited by adurbin

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this