Sign in to follow this  
Hydrasportz270

Black lights

Need some advise on black lights. Going to be fishing in a couple of night tournaments and I just purchased a Night Stalker LED rechargeable black light. What is your guys opinion on black lights? And what do you know about the light I purchased at BPS. 

• Like 1

I've not used that particular light, however, I've used rechargable lights and all manner of lower end lights. Take that thing back & go to Watsons & buy a Moonlite. The difference in LED's alone is worth the little bit of extra coin.

• Like 1

Save yourself wasted time and money, and get the Moonlights. Andy, is there a way we could consolidate all the recent "backlights" threads....

• Like 1

Everthing else is junk get moonlights I've used them all moonlights last if u do have a problem with them they will make it right u get what u pay for 

I came from ole Sloan blacklights and when the last one finally died I went and got a Moonlite Full Moon.  That thing is amazing for night fishing.  

53 minutes ago, Hydrasportz270 said:

I have a 98 Hydrasport will it be a problem wiring a moonlight 

I wouldn't think so. Like any accessory, run the wires from device, to switch, to a fuse off the battery (cranking or Trolling). Hardest part is running the wires throughout the inside of the boat. 

Your boat has a fuse panel under the console. Decide which switch you want to get power from (nav lights is a good option however an empty accessory switch is best), tap into that switch & run wire up your gunwale to the blacklight receptacle location. Mark the location, layer 2 or 3 strips of masking tape to prevent the drill bit from chipping the fiberglass, then drill the hole. Advise doing this on both sides, so you're not limited to fishing from one side of the boat. Mount receptacle. Now, any time your nav lights are on, you'll have power to your blacklight plugs. Use the on/off switch on the blacklight itself to operate the light. Good thing about LEDs, and Moonlites in particular, is they draw such low amperage that you don't have to worry about overloading a fuse in your nav lights.