Sign in to follow this  
brwnbass

Jika? Rig

Whats the scoop on this thing? I have already made some myself with split rings & drop shot weights & they look like they'll work, but i haven't tried one yet. Im interested to see if there is a specific application for it, or if it's an all around type bait. I have some ideas on where it might shine.....?

Im thinking it will work good on steep banks with a lift & drop or stroke type retrieve. 

Had to look this one up.  Didn't recognize 'jika'.  I've heard this referred to as the 'jig rig'.

Never used it but after watching a few videos I can see I've missed something.  It kinda has the look and action of the jig head Tommy Biffle uses.  The jika could deadly in a swim jig type retrieve.  A buoyant bait on a lighter wire hook could be something special.

I wanna get a job coming up w/ names of new rigs.  I can do better than jika or ned.

Yea it does kinda resemble a biffle head, & that has become one of my favorite rigs to throw. Im gonna give it a go. 

12 hours ago, brwnbass said:

Most likely you cast it & reel it in. ??

LOL. Smartazz. I meant how is it rigged

I am just wondering...

What is the real difference between this rig and lets say a football jig or a swinging football jig?

IMO, it seems to be the same thing, a weighted head allowing the craw style bait to raise its pinchers in a defensive stance. Perhaps it allows a little more action?

It appears to work like a swing head jig but keeps the bait off the bottom a bit more. I have a couple I got from MTB awhile back. A bit less prone to catching on things

There are some videos on youtube about it with some good under water views. It has a more lively action to it than a biffle head or jig. That drop weight makes it fall more vertical than the other 2. I rigged mine with a split ring for the weight & a snap for the line tie.