Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Phoenix sighting

Anybody know who's got a black & silver Phoenix that was on Boone this morning? Passed under Devault bridge about 9:30-9:45. Just curious......hadn't seen a black one around here yet.

Pretty cool sighting. Btw, I saw a black metal flake bird, coming out of Yuma, AZ last weekend (don't ask me WTF someone was doing, in that miserable desert, with a bass boat). Pretty cool 

11 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

Pretty cool sighting. Btw, I saw a black metal flake bird, coming out of Yuma, AZ last weekend (don't ask me WTF someone was doing, in that miserable desert, with a bass boat). Pretty cool 

LOL... I thought the same thing and asked when I was out there. Was told several lakes off of the Colorado river that runs nearby  Martinez Lake is one I remember they often had a wet T shirts contest.

He's from Elizabethton.  It's exactly what I'd order if I was buying.

Edited by sputterbuzz

I bet I know who he is. Ran into a guy at work a few months back from 'Betsy that told me he had a Phoenix. Thanks guys.

Yeah....I thought that's who it was. I went by to see him today, but he wasn't in. Tell him to get on here....lol.

Well you know one thing that all birds have  to be on the look out for...  A BULLET!!!:P    

Lol....on calm water, I'll 100%  agree. Put em in 3 footers & my bird will get there faster & drier than a bullet. Like the layout & speed of bullet, not a fan of the ride. Great boats tho

Bullet or Phoenix? I've ridden in a bunch of different year & model bullets thru the years. 20 & 21 ride better than shorter models, naturally. Test drove a 2012 21xrd & a 2010 20xd among a host of other brands before choosing Phoenix. Not knocking bullets at all.....great boats all around. But for me personally, I don't care for the rough water ride even the newer models offer.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:47 PM, SteveHTN said:

Lake Havasu probably.  

16 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Bullet or Phoenix? I've ridden in a bunch of different year & model bullets thru the years. 20 & 21 ride better than shorter models, naturally. Test drove a 2012 21xrd & a 2010 20xd among a host of other brands before choosing Phoenix. Not knocking bullets at all.....great boats all around. But for me personally, I don't care for the rough water ride even the newer models offer.

+1  I love the way my buddies 20XD rides. Its quick, nimble and rides as good as some of the other boats Ive been in.  Been in 2 Birds... both were awesome as well!  Id own either one if it were ever in my budget. :)  For now Its a Nitro for me, not a horrible ride either.

I did not take it that you were knocking a Bullet. I was just curious if you had ridden in a newer model. 

5 minutes ago, whj812 said:

Lake Havasu probably.  

+1  I love the way my buddies 20XD rides. Its quick, nimble and rides as good as some of the other boats Ive been in.  Been in 2 Birds... both were awesome as well!  Id own either one if it were ever in my budget. :)  For now Its a Nitro for me, not a horrible ride either.

The 21' Bullets ride considerably better than the 20's.  Not to say the 20's have a bad ride just the 21' models do ride better especially the 21' 10" boats. 

You mean, a better ride......for a bullet. Kinda like a bull ride vs a bronc ride. Either way, you're gonna pee blood for a few days.

55 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

You mean, a better ride......for a bullet. Kinda like a bull ride vs a bronc ride. Either way, you're gonna pee blood for a few days.

LOL....   I think that is a whole other issue.  

1 hour ago, Mountainman said:

This is usually the response from folks in a cookie cutter boat that get passed in " 3' "waves.

Id rather get passed in 3 footers and not have to have me testes surgically removed from my throat.

speed-boat-on-plastic-Meanwhile-In-Ameri

Image result for andy morgan bullet boat flw aolThis guy didn't have too much trouble fishing all those BIG lakes out of a Bullet!!! If you look real close I think there is 2 AOL trophies setting on the back.