Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Phoenix sighting

Recommended Posts

Anybody know who's got a black & silver Phoenix that was on Boone this morning? Passed under Devault bridge about 9:30-9:45. Just curious......hadn't seen a black one around here yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool sighting. Btw, I saw a black metal flake bird, coming out of Yuma, AZ last weekend (don't ask me WTF someone was doing, in that miserable desert, with a bass boat). Pretty cool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

Pretty cool sighting. Btw, I saw a black metal flake bird, coming out of Yuma, AZ last weekend (don't ask me WTF someone was doing, in that miserable desert, with a bass boat). Pretty cool 

 LOL... I thought the same thing and asked when I was out there. Was told several lakes off of the Colorado river that runs nearby  Martinez Lake is one I remember they often had a wet T shirts contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's from Elizabethton.  It's exactly what I'd order if I was buying.

Edited by sputterbuzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet I know who he is. Ran into a guy at work a few months back from 'Betsy that told me he had a Phoenix. Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah....I thought that's who it was. I went by to see him today, but he wasn't in. Tell him to get on here....lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you know one thing that all birds have  to be on the look out for...  A BULLET!!!:P    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol....on calm water, I'll 100%  agree. Put em in 3 footers & my bird will get there faster & drier than a bullet. Like the layout & speed of bullet, not a fan of the ride. Great boats tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullet or Phoenix? I've ridden in a bunch of different year & model bullets thru the years. 20 & 21 ride better than shorter models, naturally. Test drove a 2012 21xrd & a 2010 20xd among a host of other brands before choosing Phoenix. Not knocking bullets at all.....great boats all around. But for me personally, I don't care for the rough water ride even the newer models offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 7:47 PM, SteveHTN said:

Pretty cool sighting. Btw, I saw a black metal flake bird, coming out of Yuma, AZ last weekend (don't ask me WTF someone was doing, in that miserable desert, with a bass boat). Pretty cool 

Lake Havasu probably.  

16 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Bullet or Phoenix? I've ridden in a bunch of different year & model bullets thru the years. 20 & 21 ride better than shorter models, naturally. Test drove a 2012 21xrd & a 2010 20xd among a host of other brands before choosing Phoenix. Not knocking bullets at all.....great boats all around. But for me personally, I don't care for the rough water ride even the newer models offer.

+1  I love the way my buddies 20XD rides. Its quick, nimble and rides as good as some of the other boats Ive been in.  Been in 2 Birds... both were awesome as well!  Id own either one if it were ever in my budget. :)  For now Its a Nitro for me, not a horrible ride either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not take it that you were knocking a Bullet. I was just curious if you had ridden in a newer model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whj812 said:

Lake Havasu probably.  

+1  I love the way my buddies 20XD rides. Its quick, nimble and rides as good as some of the other boats Ive been in.  Been in 2 Birds... both were awesome as well!  Id own either one if it were ever in my budget. :)  For now Its a Nitro for me, not a horrible ride either.

The 21' Bullets ride considerably better than the 20's.  Not to say the 20's have a bad ride just the 21' models do ride better especially the 21' 10" boats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean, a better ride......for a bullet. Kinda like a bull ride vs a bronc ride. Either way, you're gonna pee blood for a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

You mean, a better ride......for a bullet. Kinda like a bull ride vs a bronc ride. Either way, you're gonna pee blood for a few days.

LOL....   I think that is a whole other issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mountainman said:

You mean, a better ride......for a bullet. Kinda like a bull ride vs a bronc ride. Either way, you're gonna pee blood for a few days.

This is usually the response from folks in a cookie cutter boat that get passed in " 3' "waves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id rather get passed in 3 footers and not have to have me testes surgically removed from my throat.

 

speed-boat-on-plastic-Meanwhile-In-Ameri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for andy morgan bullet boat flw aolThis guy didn't have too much trouble fishing all those BIG lakes out of a Bullet!!! If you look real close I think there is 2 AOL trophies setting on the back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×