Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Phoenix sighting

Lmao. I'll tell you an XD rides a whole hell of a lot better than a VEE. Was scared about the ride when I bought mine but took it for a spin and that was that. IF I get another Bullet it'll definitely be a 21, BUT for the whole bang for your buck deal I see a cookie cutter coming my way. Just don't know when

5 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Got a great Phoenix I'll put you in at a very good price......?

I can't believe it still hasn't sold

10 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

For what he is asking for his boat he is not trying to sell it but he is trying to almost give it away.....................:wacko: We have dropped BT's boat down also and not got any interests either. I have never seen the used boat business this soft........B)

2 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

For what he is asking for his boat he is not trying to sell it but he is trying to almost give it away.....................:wacko: We have dropped BT's boat down also and not got any interests either. I have never seen the used boat business this soft........B)

I think people are thinking about the same thing I was thinking about when I bought my boat.  If I am spending 30K on a boat I want a full warranty.  THAT is what is hurting the used boat sales IMO.  

6 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

Good luck finding a 20'+ boat with full warranty for anywhere in the $30k range

No kidding.....

It might be the waranty that people are chasing but also there are boats selling that are smaller or older if the seller is almost giving them away. Steve is a prime example of that. He priced his boat under what it was really worth and sold in what, 5 days? I have seen that happening a lot more recently..............JMHO

38 minutes ago, softbaitmaker said:

It might be the waranty that people are chasing but also there are boats selling that are smaller or older if the seller is almost giving them away. Steve is a prime example of that. He priced his boat under what it was really worth and sold in what, 5 days? I have seen that happening a lot more recently..............JMHO

I sold my little boat in less than 2 weeks.....  a little over what it booked for due to upgrades.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

No kidding. 

I've got things going on right now and there's no way I could get it. Trust me, I would in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, whj812 said:

I sold my little boat in less than 2 weeks.....  a little over what it booked for due to upgrades.

That seems to be the trend on boat buying right now and have no clue when it will change. B'T's wife is paying insurance on the boat for it to set in the carport but she has to keep insurance on it incase someone comes and wants to test drive it. I told her before long she will begin losing money with paying the insurance on it and tried to convince her to sell it when she had to offer of $11,500.00 and she said she had to think about it and a week later she said ok but the guy had already bought another boat. I told her if she turns down anything above $10,500.00 now I'm done trying to help her sell it. She is paying $70.00 a month on insurance and complaining to me about the insurance and turning down offers. Since BT passed away she has paid $370.00 for it to just sit.

Still hard to figure out, especially in Andy's case. That thing should have moved months ago. The price of new ones is astronomical now

• Like 1

A big part of used boats not selling is that a bank will not finance it for 15 years with 0 percent interest. People that have the money to buy without a bank just get new boats with the warranty every 4 or 5 years and trade them in to a dealer before it expires. 

• Like 1

Here's my opinion of what's wrong with the used boat market... My current boat is worth $25 - $28,000... and has no warranty on the motor. If I sold it for $25,000 and the new owner bought it and blew it up they are screwed. A new motor is going to run you around $17,000. Now they are into it $42,000. You can get a heck of a nice boat for $42,000 with warranty. I think about how bad it's going to suck all the time when my motor blows. Trading boats before the warranty goes may be the cheapest insurance policy you can have. There's no reason a boat motor should cost as much as a small car. We are being ripped off and the sad part is we are happy about it and smiling all the way to the lake.

• Like 3