Sign in to follow this  
Stan Sloan's Bait Co.

I was wondering what y'alls opinion is of this line of baits?

The reason i ask, is that I have a friend on the FLW tour that is sponsored by them. He has told me that if I can hook him up with free baits then he will slap my logo on the boat the next time he gets it wrapped. So of course I want to know people's opinion on my "competition" so to speak and some of the things I have noticed.

A few months ago in either MTB or LTB we received a spinnerbait from them, but everyone was complaining about it because one of the blades on it was too large causing it to run sideways and what not while others complained that the thing had actually fell apart inside the packaging. Tonight, I opened my MTB box from July and had a jig in it from them. I decided to inspect it and opened the package, dumped the bait on my desk and without me even so much as touching it, several of the strands in the fiberguard/weedguard feel out onto the desk. Just raised my eyebrows and felt more and more confident my baits are of better quality.

I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience with their products and honest opinions of them.

+1 on the buzzbaits. Caught a bunch of fish on their arky head jigs. Never had any issues with their spinnerbaits either, come to think of it.

I don't do buzzbaits as of yet. These two baits are the only experience I've had with this line.

The jig was an easy fix, just added a couple drops of super glue to the fiberguard base.

I did have the problem with the spinnerbait running sideways. That was easily fixed as well with a smaller lower blade.

Nothing not fixable, just not something I'd expect in a new bait. Other than that I did like the jig. It's going in my kayak tackle. It has a unique head design.

Edited by Karma

The old stan sloan baits were good quality. And the old black lights were good too. Don't know about any of the new stuff, almost all the local bait stores that carried it have closed, so i haven't bought anything in years. 

Back in the day Stan Sloans Zorro baits where top of the line and he did have a good black light and I still have them but quit using Sloan stuff when I switched to Hoppy's Lures and Black lights. Better quality and better black light design than Sloan had. I heard that Stan had passed away and family sold the company to some young guys and have not heard much out of them since.

11 hours ago, Karma said:

I was wondering what y'alls opinion is of this line of baits?

The reason i ask, is that I have a friend on the FLW tour that is sponsored by them. He has told me that if I can hook him up with free baits then he will slap my logo on the boat the next time he gets it wrapped. So of course I want to know people's opinion on my "competition" so to speak and some of the things I have noticed.

A few months ago in either MTB or LTB we received a spinnerbait from them, but everyone was complaining about it because one of the blades on it was too large causing it to run sideways and what not while others complained that the thing had actually fell apart inside the packaging. Tonight, I opened my MTB box from July and had a jig in it from them. I decided to inspect it and opened the package, dumped the bait on my desk and without me even so much as touching it, several of the strands in the fiberguard/weedguard feel out onto the desk. Just raised my eyebrows and felt more and more confident my baits are of better quality.

I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience with their products and honest opinions of them.

Just a piece of advice on getting your name on a boat in BASS or FLW. I have seen this happen to several bait companies and it can happen to you. The guy using your baits can have some kind of spectacular world finish in tournament and it be on TV and in all the magazines and all at once every bass angler in the country will want 10 or more of each bait you make and if your not ready ro be able to fill supply and demand you will lose all respect of the bass fishing world. It happened with the Chatter Bait Guy that was making them in his basment and it happened to Reaction Innovations and their Beaver baits when Ish Monroe won the classic in Texas using white Beavers. Reaction Innovation at the time did not pour their own baits but was dependent on an independent pouring company to pour them and when the demand came RI could not get the baits made to get them back in stores and it was almost 5 months before they could buy mold time to get them made and by then most folks had moved on to another new miracle bait. Not telling you not to do it, just telling you what can happen if you do and are not prepared for what can happen.......JMHO

Edited by softbaitmaker