Well was just looking at my bait material inventory and I don't know why but it has been a few months since my last bait order from folks here on the site. Is the soft bait bite off that bad up east? I am still getting a few locals but none from up east in a couple months. Anyone up that way got any ideas what might be the problem I would sure be interested in hearng them.

Thanks Softy

Well in my case, it's because I sold my boat, and have worked every single day since I sold it. FML. As for anyone else, my guess Doug is you had a lot bulk orders in spring, so maybe no one needs anything right now. 

• Like 1

I still have a lot from my last order. Most of the soft baits I use are for trailers,

I caught one Sunday afternoon on a chatterbait using one of the craws I ordered from you as a trailer. That fish killed the craw, obliterated it. They are excellent craws, I am surprised you are not on back order for those.

• Like 1

The bite has been slow for me on worms this year.  IDK why.....  seems like its been 15x slower than a normal time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whj812 said:

The bite has been slow for me on worms this year.  IDK why.....  seems like its been 15x slower than a normal time.

Thanks Wes, Normally I get to fish more than I have this year but meds and heat don't mix and it went from Rain everyday to 100+ everyday so I got out the first time about a week ago. A few of my locals have told me that the high water in the Spring and the 100+ degree days have kept them from fishing as much this year also. They are fishing more at night and are still usin soft baits at night and catching fish but just not going as often. I read a bunch of posts here in the Spring about all the high water and trash floating and I know that slows the fishing down, at least it does for me!

Thanks for the reply Wes 

9 hours ago, Karma said:

I still have a lot from my last order. Most of the soft baits I use are for trailers,

I caught one Sunday afternoon on a chatterbait using one of the craws I ordered from you as a trailer. That fish killed the craw, obliterated it. They are excellent craws, I am surprised you are not on back order for those.

LOL, I have made a few of those over the past several years. Burned up 2 sets of molds in 3 years and working with a new set now. Needless to say yea folks do like it a lot. Like I told Wes I know the fishing conditions also have not been prestine either. Either high water or swelltering heat are not the best of fishing conditions. Just holler if you need anything Coty

Thanks for the reply

Softy

10 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

Well in my case, it's because I sold my boat, and have worked every single day since I sold it. FML. As for anyone else, my guess Doug is you had a lot bulk orders in spring, so maybe no one needs anything right now. 

Yea I know what you did...........LOL!!!!! How is the new house coming?

What is weird with this year has been the Offshore bite.  Ive been on and off on it IDK if its been a timing thing or what.  Smallmouth have been hammering the last couple weeks though....

Check this out.  I cant count the number of smallmouth over the last month that I have caught. This is one of the better ones though!

This is one caught on a Custom Jig Tipped with one of your Ragin Craws.

20374364_10209381332081201_3610934087009

Edited by whj812

7 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

Yea I know what you did...........LOL!!!!! How is the new house coming?

I may be redesigning it buddy.....

21 minutes ago, SteveHTN said:

I may be redesigning it buddy.....

That is a scary thought knowing you!!!!!....................:lol:

2 hours ago, whj812 said:

What is weird with this year has been the Offshore bite.  Ive been on and off on it IDK if its been a timing thing or what.  Smallmouth have been hammering the last couple weeks though....

Check this out.  I cant count the number of smallmouth over the last month that I have caught. This is one of the better ones though!

+1 on the timing thing. Offshore has been very erratic this year

• Like 1

Son In law came and picked up Skeeter after dark on Saturday and went to Percy Priest lake for a few hours just because he needed to calm down some after a rough week at work and fishing in one of the ways he calms down. Said he caught about 10 fish and nothing big but just fun fish. Found them in water about 12 feet around an island in the middle of no where we had never fished before. He started fishing the ledges and located them at the 12 foot depth. I am an off shore angler every chance I get. I have never liked banging the banks even though that is a must in the Spring. I look forward to after the spawn when the bigger fish move off shore.....................:cheers:

6 hours ago, whj812 said:

That's a nice fish Wes 

15 hours ago, trackertxw175 said:

+1 on the timing thing. Offshore has been very erratic this year

yea. I would enjoy catching a fish that size all day long..............:cheers:

+1 on the worms and on the craw I've caught more on a jig with your craw then before seems like creature bait is were it is at this year lizards and crawls I even throw a spinner with a craw at night instead of double tail grub 

Well, I thought I would share a little information I learned recently and it does make total sense after I let some of it sink in. I got a small bait order from a meterologist (weatherman) about 2 weeks ago that lives here locally but works for weather channel for this area. We have had several nice talks about fishing and the weather. Now he is not one of these crazies that is running around screaming "The Sky is Falling" but is a firm believer in climate change but says that the change is far more of a natural Phanomina(spelling) than a man made problem. He said the earth naturally goes through different cycles about every 1000 years and that right now it is going through one of those changes and he said man might be having about a 2% effect is all. He said during this time everything in Nature gets turned on its ear from  the smallest creature to the largest and fish are no exception. He said fishing techniques that worked for many anglers for many years are not working now and anglers are not producing the numbers or sizes of fish they did say 2 or 3 years ago.

He said that anglers are going to have to make adjustments just as the fish are making adjustments. He said the fish have not stopped eating and won't. They will just not be found in the old places that they were back 2 or 3 years ago because of water conditions that are changing. His first suggestion is to look at water temperatures verses time of year. He said he has been fishing on Kentucky lake a lot and he has seen water in areas he use to fish that are totally wrong for that time of year and he does not catch the fish he use to catch there. He has learned to move around on the lake and locate water temps that do match that time of year and he does catch some fish.

He also said that anglers are probably not finding as much of the warmer waters that they normally find in mid summer in the past. He said even though the daytime temps may be hot the high waters that most areas experienced late into the Spring and early Summer have delayed the warming of the lake waters plus the lakes that are controlled by Corps and TVA have been fluctuating lake levels more to control high water issues which also changes lake temperatures.

He said anglers will have to begin making adjustments according to what the lake is telling them to find the fish that they use to find a lot easier. He did say that the newer electronics will be very helpful in the near future to assist anglers.

I wanted to pass this along to folks and hope it helps some folks in finding and catching more fish......:cheers: