Sign in to follow this  
Tubejig

Black light help needed

I recently bought a 2013 Skeeter FX21.  It has jacks for the black lights but they appear to be old Stan Sloan jacks. Don't really know. 

I have Moon Lite full moon and half moon.  Love these lights. I have power to jacks but my lights won't come on. Took them out and used a wire brush in case it was corrosion.  Didn't help.  

Do I need to purchase new jacks from moon lite?  

Need some input please. 

Prolly has an inline fusebox on the wires going to your jacks, id check and see if it has a fuse in it...

be sure the light's plug is going down into the female connector far enough.  if cups are adjusted out too far, they won't make contact.  also check voltage.  it must be 11.7 volts for lights to operate at full power.  sloan/hoppy's style plugs are prone to corrosion if they've been unused for a while.  many people put a switch on those style jacks.  how did you check power to the jacks?

5 hours ago, MOONlite said:

be sure the light's plug is going down into the female connector far enough.  if cups are adjusted out too far, they won't make contact.  also check voltage.  it must be 11.7 volts for lights to operate at full power.  sloan/hoppy's style plugs are prone to corrosion if they've been unused for a while.  many people put a switch on those style jacks.  how did you check power to the jacks?

Advise from the man himself. 

Gonna play around with it today.  Like to keep my stuff in good working condition. If needed in will get new moon lite connectors. 

Dont fish at night much but I really like these lights