Sign in to follow this  
200superprocraft

fluorescent fluorocarbon

does anyone know of a good fluorescent fluorocarbon line in the 12# and up range. i use to use  stren but they quit making it and i've seen the lite crappie line at some of the local tackle stores and it's not what i'm looking for. any help would be appreciated

I've got it on 4 rods and I really like it. I've got 10 on a spinning rod and my deep crank rod and I have 17 on 2 baitcasters. I never tried florocast, so I can't compare. It is the limpest floro I've ever used and handles amazingly on a spinning reel. Plus, it's priced very reasonably. I think $17 for 550 yards....

Fluorocast, in my opinion, is horrible. The diameter vs other brands are larger and the memory is awful. Like trying to cast a piece of wire.

2 hours ago, 200superprocraft said:

Thanks for the help. One more question does it show up good in a black light 

It shows up amazingly in black light. As good or better than any mono I've ever used. Exact opposite of what Ross was saying about the florocast. It's extremely small diameter and very manageable. I know Tim Maxfield has been throwing 12 or 14 lb on a spinning rod. 

I've got some of that stren flourocarbon flourescent 20lb and 8lb if your interested just message me 

Finally got to try out the k9 line it is everything u said it would. Still want to fish with it a few more times hopefully before the weather gets to bad for night fishing. Thanks for telling me about this product 

2 hours ago, trackertxw175 said:

You try it on a baitcaster?

If he didn't, I have. I've got 10 on my deep cranking rod and 17 on 2 others. Works well. It's great for that deep crank.