Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

2017 TNBF Trail Classic

After the votes have been tallied, it looks like our TNBF Classic for 2017 will be held on Douglas Lake Saturday 12/9 from safe light til 4 pm. We will launch out of Dandridge free launch. Keep an eye on this thread for registration cut off & blast off time later next week. TNSmallmouth (Mr. Hopson) has generated a good amount of door prizes from our generous sponsors for this year, so be sure to hang around after weigh in for the give away. Also, we totaled $835 throughout the year to pay out at the Classic, minus the cost of trophies & plaques. Please pair up and post below who you are fishing with. Keep in mind we will blast off by final points standings, so whichever member in the boat is highest in the points, that will be the blast off position for that boat.

2017classicchart.PNG

1) BulletDeuce & ProMaX

2) TNSmallmouth & HDHOPPY

3) Whj812 & Jamie De Vera

4) Bronzebackhuntr & 423fishing

5)  Tobybol & Donnieshvac

6) Mtcarmeltriton & Mountainman

7) Crriderz01 & ???

8) Trackertxw175

9) GlitterRocket & Blindhawg

10) Jigheadworm and Ktimbs

Edited by bronzebackhuntr

Whj812 and Jamie

Edited by BulletDeuce

Hey guys, it would be nice to maximize this and get as many boats as possible. If you are qualified and you don’t have a dedicated partner post it here and if you need a ride let us know. It would be nice to get everyone qualified out there. I know Jay (Adair) has a birthday party for his daughter and can’t make it. So without him we have 20 people qualified which should give us 10 boats if everyone hooks up. 

On 12/2/2017 at 6:02 PM, Crriderz01 said:

I will be fishing for sure and partner

Who’s your partner on this one? For the classic they have to be a member on the site and be classic eligible in order to fish. 

As a reminder, we have 24 people total that have qualified for the Classic. These 24 are the only folks that can fish this tourney. Choose a partner from the following list, or fish solo.

Promax  -  Bulletdeuce  -  423Fishin  -  HDHOPPY  -  TNSmallmouth  -  Mtcarmeltriton

JamieDeVera  -  Madvolsfan  -  crriderz01  -  Gary Minnick

GlitterRokcet  -  Mountainman  -  whj812  -  Jigheadworm

bronzebackhuntr  -  Adair  -  beveret  -  McDaniel3332

97Astro  -  KTimbs  -  Blindhawg  -  Trackertxw175

Tobybol  -  DonniesHVAC

On 12/3/2017 at 8:37 PM, bronzebackhuntr said:

Who’s your partner on this one? For the classic they have to be a member on the site and be classic eligible in order to fish. 

Cody wilder.  

Just now, Crriderz01 said:

Cody wilder.  

I didn't realize he wasn't eligible 😒 Looks like Il be flying solo

I'm gonna have to pass on the Classic.  I've been sick and the weather on Saturday doesn't sound like a good idea.  Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

4 hours ago, madvolsfan said:

I'm gonna have to pass on the Classic.  I've been sick and the weather on Saturday doesn't sound like a good idea.  Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

That sucks dude. Hope you get over it quick 

Ok guys.....

So safe light should be around 7, so we'll cut off "registration" about 645. I say "registration" because, as in years past, we will have index cards made up for everyone who qualified & signed up. We will be blasting off by order of final points standings, all of this info will be on your index card. That said, I know entry fee on the classic is always confusing, so here it is: $40 per boat like normal for everyone who qualified outright. If one person in the boat is buy in eligible, the entry fee goes to $60. If both guys in the boat are buy-in eligible, the entry fee goes to $80. Shannon, Wes and myself should be at the ramp by 6. I don't foresee there being a large crowd out there Saturday morning, but be prepared for some traffic. Also, with the cold temps, please remember to pause after launching to let your trailer drain and prevent ice buildup. Tnsmallmouth (Mr Hopson) has graciously volunteered hours of his personal time to gather a ton of giveaways for Saturday. Stick around no matter how bad the fishing is because there's some good swag to be given away. Y'all drive safe & see you Saturday morning!

Weather Update:

Guys please monitor the site this evening and tonight. If.....and that's a big IF......we get accumulating snow today/tonight and the roads become unsafe, we will postpone the Classic until next Saturday. Personally, I don't think that's going to become necessary, but, as I said, safety is our number one priority. Stay tuned & I will update often throughout the night.

• Like 1

So far so good. Rode to Morristown today after a short nap. Roads back to Kingsport looked good as of 17:00. Will keep an eye on it, but unless it comes a blizzard over night, we should be good to go

54 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

So far so good. Rode to Morristown today after a short nap. Roads back to Kingsport looked good as of 17:00. Will keep an eye on it, but unless it comes a blizzard over night, we should be good to go

I was in Dandridge earlier when it was snowing and it was clear.  No Snow on the roads.

So long as we don't get dumped on tonight, I think it'll be fine. We need to be vigilant about draining our trailers at the waters edge, though.

4 hours ago, Mountainman said:

So long as we don't get dumped on tonight, I think it'll be fine. We need to be vigilant about draining our trailers at the waters edge, though.

Roger that!

Looks like the forecast has changed yet again & the call is for less than 1". Barring any kind of major shift in the weather pattern, I'd say we won't have any issues this morning. I'll update again as I leave work.

Well it is putting down some snow & there are a few slick spots in Kingsport, but I think we'll be alright. Everyone drive carefully, watch out for slick places and we will see you at the ramp!

I hope very much that everyone made it through the Classic unscaved and all caught some fish. I'm guessing it was really tough weather to deal with..........:huh: