Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

2017 Classic Results

First off, I'd like to thank each person who came out to fish with us this year. If not for you guys, this trail wouldn't exist. I'd also like to take a minute to thank the tournament committee for all the hard work throughout 2017.

We had 10 boats brave the snow & cold yesterday to find, for most of us, fairly tough fishing. We had 6 limits weighed in, with a "tie" for 1st. Now, let me explain. Our old trusty scales, which were donated to us by one of our members, crapped out on us while weighing the final bag of the day. It weighed long enough to know that it was extremely close to our current leader, at 17.14. we tried rebooting our scales and got 3 different weights on three separate attempts. We tried a couple other various methods, without getting a clear picture of who won, because the original leader had already released their bag. So without a definitive way to establish a winner, all parties agreed to combine 1st & 2nd place & split the total. So, congrats to Tobybol/Donnieshvac and Bulletdeuce/Promax on the winning weights, and to BD/Promax on big fish with a 5.01 LM. The rest is as follows:

3) Bronzebackhuntr & 423fishing (14.30)

4) GlitterRocket & blindhawg (13.35)

5) jigheadworm & ktimbs (12.01)

6) mtcarmeltriton & Mountainman(9.34)

7) jamieDeVera & whj812 (6.27)

8) HDHoppy & tnsmallmouth(3.66)

9) trackertxw175(2.90)

10) crriderz01 (dnw)

Additionally, I'd like to thank our sponsors for generous donations for the classic door prizes. Watson's Marine, Just Fishin, Mel-Bro Wholesale Bait & Tackle, South Holston River Co, Spro, Snag-Proof, The Rod Glove, Bass Boat Saver, Scottsboro Tackle Company, Pit Row Wine & Liquor. Tnsmallmouth (Chris Hopson) did a ton of footwork to get these sponsors on board. Please take a minute and thank him for getting it together & them for the donations.

Congrads to the winners and all of the folks that braved the weather to fish the classic. I am glad everyone made it unscaved with the weather conditions.............:cheers:

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS . ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE SPONSORS THAT HELPED ME GET THE SWAG GEAR TO GIVE AWAY AT THE CLASSIC . IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER .

WATSON"S MARINE 
JUST FISHIN 
MEL-BROS WHOLESALE BAIT AND TACKLE 
SOUTH HOLSTON RIVER COMPANY
SPRO
SNAG-PROOF
THE ROD GLOVE 
BASS BOAT SAVER 
SCOTTSBRO TACKLE COMPANY - alabama  
PIT ROW WINE AND LIQUOR 

Thank you  for your  donations . Please support these companies for anything you need . Thanks again Chris 

Edited by tnsmallmouth

Even tho I got spun out completely I still had an awesome time fishing, and I look forward to fishing with everyone in 2018. Thanks for all the door prizes and for everyone involved in an awesome tournament trail.