Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Morristown Marine-Yamaha/Skeeter

As most of you know, I have been trying to sell my Phoenix for several months. After a few deals fell through and winter set in, it slowed drastically. I came to know Sam & Delores @ Morristown Marine serveral years ago and have had a good relationship with them for a long time. I've fished Sam's tourney trail for years. I came close to buying a Skeeter from him back in 2012 when I bought my Phoenix instead. Long story short, I went down to run my Phoenix a few weeks ago & stopped in to visit & buy some oil on my way home. We started talking about the Skeeter/Yamaha incentives in the Morristown Trail and started talking about trading. Anyhow, we got a deal worked out and I now own an FX21 Skeeter. I have nothing but the best to say about Phoenix Bass Boats and the people running that outfit. Top notch product and excellent customer service. I'd buy another Phoenix in a heart beat....zero hesitation. 2 things played a major part in the move to Skeeter: 1) The fact of having a local dealer that I know from first hand experience will take care of me and 2) the monetary incentives for fishing The Morristown Trail out of a Skeeter. Sam, Delores & the whole gang at Morristown Marine did a fantastic job of making this deal happen and getting the boat tailored to the specifics that I wanted. Great people who are very connected to both their boat manufacturer and their customers. Cant say enough positive things about the crew at Morristown Marine. Anyhow, here's the pics......took 1/2 day off work yesterday & picked it up. Dropped in Cherokee and put an hour break in on the motor. Also, got to snag a couple green fish, one about 3 1/2 lbs. Several things are going to take some getting used to: the Ultrex is a bad machine...but the button is on the wrong side of the pedal and the electronic steering is different to say the least. The Yammie is a beast of a motor.....and runs very differently than my Mercs have. Cant wait to get through break in & open it up & really drive it. The boat color is called Oxblood.....its maroon, but in every pic I have taken, it looks purple. lol. Its sharp in person.....pics don't do it justice.

sitepicskeeter.jpgskeeterpic2.jpg

Sharp ride Andy. Congrats. Breaking in the Yamaha sucks! I got the first 2 hours on mine Sunday. It's all worth it when you can finally mash it and hear that 4 stroke. It's totally different but in a good way.

I think you will like your new Skeeter a lot Andy. I have been in a Skeeters since the early 90's and stil in one today. Oh Yea, love the color scheme.

Thanks guys. I'm happy with it thus far. My biggest concern is having time away from work to finish break in before tourney season comes around

How many hours to do the break in on it? Seems like mine was a 8-10 hour deal with it trimmed down all the way the first few hours.

4 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Thanks guys. I'm happy with it thus far. My biggest concern is having time away from work to finish break in before tourney season comes around

Whats this "tourney season" you speak of?

Ya know, when we all start going to the lake & donating our money on a more regular basis than normal.........

Nice boat Andy.  Hope you enjoy it.  Is that one of those that comes with a guarantee to catch fish. I would trade up if its true. LOL

That is one Sick Sick Sick Ride right there Mr Andy!! Congrats man!!  I love it!  One question though....  Can I ride in it one day?

Edited by whj812

3 hours ago, Bird721 said:

Nice boat Andy.  Hope you enjoy it.  Is that one of those that comes with a guarantee to catch fish. I would trade up if its true. LOL

They’d definitely be giving me my money back with that guarantee.........