Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

Tracker Heritage

Well I had to start a thread about it, after Nobby pointed it out. I’ve honestly gotta say I’m impressed with it. Brings back memories of my childhood, seeing my uncles boat and others out on Loudoun. The price is incredible. I believe it’ll be a big seller for Tracker 

The bigger they get, the easier it is to make a profit. If they are in it for 5% gross profit and they sell 10,000 of these, $5 million gross profit. Doesn't mean that they made money. It's all a numbers game. The other things that are higher margin that they sell with it at time of sale makes them profitable. It's merchandising 101: put low margin items in back of store. If a customer walks through store and buys a QT of oil and nothing else, you lost money. If they buy an air freshener, you made money.

I posted this on the other thread, but it should probably be in this one. 

Unless you just want a new boat with a warranty, I'd stick with something used. Plenty of Bass Trackers around $5k on Craigslist. Then you have another $5k for better electronics and Trolling motor. Heck I got my Nitro for under $10k. But if new is what you're after you won't be able to touch that price. 

Tracker is right, they'll make money off everything else they sell with the boat. The $400 gift card they are giving will have people spending a grand upgrading electronics. Seeing how expensive new boats are nowadays, this is a smart move in my opinion by going back after the weekend angler and making something more affordable.

It’s so cheap I think it’ll tempt people to buy new instead of used. It’s certainly tempting me. Does everything I need it to- gets me out on the water, holds my usual sardine, and allows me to start donating $40 to my TNBF brethren again

Seems like a nice boat for the price.  There's probably a lot of people who can pony up $1,000 for down payment and manage small payments that would be happy with this boat. 

I can remember when I'd be lucky to scrape that together. Family guy with mouths  to feed and trying to keep a roof over their head might see this boat as a way to take his children fishing.

New boat with warranty at this price.......

BPS/Cabela's will make their margins on the boat.  Never met a successful business owner whose business model didn't include good margins.  A loss leader isn't going to retail at 10K.

21 hours ago, Tubejig said:

There's probably a lot of people who can pony up $1,000 for down payment and manage small payments that would be happy with this boat.

Good point ....I didn't think of it that way.