Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

New “boat”. LOL

E4360210-9C30-4DF5-8DC6-D17A11ACB582.jpeg

Well fellas, I’ve wanted one of these for awhile now, so I finally had the time to go get one from Frontier Outdoors in Kingston. Nucanoe Frontier 12. 

• Like 1

Sweet! Congrats. Those things get great gas mileage and the trailer wheel bearings rarely go out

Edited by rusty50576

I been tossing around one.. Cant commit though.. But look forward to seeing you fishing the tx this year in it..  Congrats on the new floater... 

Thanks fellas. Make no mistake, I’m gonna have a bass rig or at least a Jon boat in the next couple of months, and a full bass rig within a year or two if not this spring. But I wanted to get into the yak side of fishing. I’m home so rarely, and usually for such a short time, it’ll be nice to just stick it in the truck and head to the water for a couple of hours when I can, plus I’m planning on float trips and some yak tourneys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

Thanks fellas. Make no mistake, I’m gonna have a bass rig or at least a Jon boat in the next couple of months, and a full bass rig within a year or two if not this spring. But I wanted to get into the yak side of fishing. I’m home so rarely, and usually for such a short time, it’ll be nice to just stick it in the truck and head to the water for a couple of hours when I can, plus I’m planning on float trips and some yak tourneys. 

I know you call that a Yak but it looks more like a canoe to me. I thought you sat down in a Yak like a tub with a hole in it. Hope you have fun with it anyway...........:lol:

4 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

I know you call that a Yak but it looks more like a canoe to me. I thought you sat down in a Yak like a tub with a hole in it. Hope you have fun with it anyway...........:lol:

The sit on top fishing kayaks are great. Most are stable enough to stand up in and you can get in some seriously skinny water with them. 

21 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

Like Chris said, you can get into some seriously skinny water with a sit on top fishing yak. There’s some awfully good smallmouth fishing to be done around sevierville, in both the French Broad and the Little Pigeon. The pigeon especially isn’t friendly to the typical Jon boat, and the French can be very shallow if the generators at Douglas aren’t running. A good chunk of those rivers that rarely, if ever, see any fishing pressure......

Be cool to see more yak reports on here. This forum is pretty dusty. LOL 

Steve - I, for one, am jealous.  Have been wanting a yak for years.  You may have just pushed me over the edge.  Congrats on the new toy.

Thanks dude. Yeah you need to get ya one. I picked Nucanoe because of the stability, and the fact it’ll hold a tackle store. LOL